“Fun!!”

and up
South Lake Tahoe Snowshoe Rental
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Overlooking the sapphire-blue waters of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is one of the most unique outdoor recreation destinations on the planet. Summer The summer activities at Heavenly Mountain Resort are a must-do during your trip to Lake Tahoe. Start with a scenic ride up the gondola or one of many other adventures! Choose from a thrilling ride on one of our zip lines, test your nerves on one of 3 ropes courses, cruise on a 4X4 tour, slide down the hill on our summer tubing lanes or test your skills on our 30 foot climbing wall. There’s the perfect activity for every member of your group. Winter With more terrain variety, more hidden glades, more rippin’ groomers than any Lake Tahoe resort, you've got plenty of decisions to make.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed November 26, 2012

First ski resort I have visited, so I am not an expert. I didnt ski or do any snow supports, but took the lift To see the view. The view is awesome! The Sierra mountains, the pines& the majestic lake was awe inspiring!! this is a must see. I was a little hesitant about the $36 ticket, but it was worth every penny. We went up to the ski resort to just see the skiers, but ended up staying to eat and have a few drinks. There was a DJ and dancing. We had a lot of fun! Totally unexpected. A must see!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We've been going to Whistler for years, and decided to try Lake Tahoe. Chose Heavenly, because of the size and location of the mountain, and we were really very pleased. Heavenly has runs for all ski levels, Me, my wife and daughter. All of us had a BLAST. Coming back again in 2013.

3  Thank TommyOD
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I visited Heavenly in Jan 2010 and we had an absolutely superb time. Very friendly locals and great snow!

Wide variety of accomodation to suit all budgets, great bars and food. Worth it just to be able to go between states when you're on piste.

Use of a car is recommended, we had an SUV included in our package with Virgin and the drive from / to San Francisco is stunning. Just don't look down...

The casinos are rather novel and a trip to the HUGE outlet mall in Reno is highly recommended too.

Buy a season pass in advance as it so much cheaper than a 10/12 or 12/14 ticket.

Would happily go back.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The management of this place is so un-family friendly, it's crazy. I just found out I am pregnant with our third child and called Heavenly to cancel my pass for this upcoming season. They told me there was no way they could help me because I didn't have the right 'insurance' for the cancellation. So I can't use the pass, I can't transfer it to anyone in my family and they wouldn't even apply the credit to next year. I'm just shocked and disappointed that this is their policy. So this resort doesn't care about families, they just care about money.

5  Thank Kim I
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Yes, Heavenly is beatiful and has some awesome intermediate runs. However, there is WAY way way way too much traversing. Granted, I was with a very obnoxious skiier that weekened that refused to go do his own thing, so beware if you are traveling with skiiers that insist on the group sticking together all day (and aren't going to be patient when you inevitably hit cat tracks). I spent most of a very exhausting day traversing around the mountain (also, I can tell you from personal experience that if you happen to be dating your ski companion that is having a hissy fit unless you do this, you should immediately dump him). I think that high winds are often a problem, which translates into certain areas becoming very overcrowded as everyone migrates to the open areas. I've never hit another skiier/snowboarder in my life, but I had two people take me out within an hour. Also, if you want to ride down to the parking lot, beware that unless you are great on narrow cat tracks with folks zipping by you, this will be a very stressful/time consuming endeavor.

3  Thank winnie1000