“Great little place. Friendly and laid back.”
Review of Keys Cafe

Keys Cafe
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Seen it on trip advisor and thought we would give it a go.
Fantastic place with great atmosphere. Bacon egg sandwich $5.75.
Do not miss this place.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

we found this place as a referral from a friend - a local spot, a smaller menu for breakfast, but more do you need than a delicious breakfast burrito and a breakfast sandwich! the lattes/coffee/smoothies were awesome, as well. we had an awesome big breakfast there, and my husband went back for lunch the day after and loved the sandwiches, too. we'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stumbled upon this spot while starving in Tahoe. This seemed to be a locals spot. The food was amazing. We had the Cobb salad, the turkey sandwich and the hummus sandwich. My husband said it was the best Cobb he'd ever had. The sandwiches were huge and delicious. We would recommend this place and would for sure go again.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

A far cry from the sandwich maker from Bob. Sandwiches should have:
- good bread - the bread used at the Keys is low, low quality. It is spongy, tasteless and turns into a rag in the mouth
- good meat, egg or cheese inside - the cold cuts at the Keys are just what they get from Safeway next door, better go shop at Safeway yourself; the cheese is awful processed cheese;
- some crisp, fresh lettuce, onion or other veggie - very little of this at the Keys
The coffee was watery and un-appetizing, so I was not able to drink it.
The guys give you a choice of: 15%, 20% or 25% tip when you pay - that is, before you eat! Cool. The client must be a pre-cog. Note that 0% is not an option, so be ready to increase their already inflated prices.
I went there guided by some reviews that likened them to Panera. There is no likeness. Panera has reasonably good bread (it's not Paris, but...) and their sandwiches do not drip with melted processed cheese like those at the Keys.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My friend and I are in Tahoe for 1 week and found this gem of a spot: it's a cafe that appeared to be mostly locals who live here. But they were very friendly to us as out of town 'coasties'. The sandwich we had was a perfect Reuben, the salad we shared was filled with super fresh greens. My chai was spicy and worth the trip to this spot alone. (ask for the Indian style Chai, they had a few powdered versions too: ick! just say no to powdered chai). There is free internet for paying customers. And when my friend and I asked for another helping of blue cheese dressing for the large salad, they waived their usual 50 cent fee: just a nice touch when you are the out of towner, not the daily local. Their coffee drinks and smoothies looked great from reading the menu.

1  Thank Chardgirl