“An amazing experience!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Adelaide, Australia
“An amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

An incredibly beautiful and peaceful location, this was truly the most relaxing and restoring break I've ever taken. The staff and fellow travellers I met made it very special, and the activities, amazing food, and extraordinary sense of calm everywhere around the property revived my mind and body. Everyone needs to visit Gaia and just breathe it in...Thank you, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

I have stayed in some amazing resorts throughout the years but my stay at Gaia will forever be one of my most memorable. The experience was – peaceful, resurrecting for the soul, grounding and extremely spiritual.

Gaia is such a special place and experience that cannot be measured in dollars or words. You will return from Gaia feeling invigorated, ready to make change and more in ‘tune’ with who you are.

All Gaia staff are amazing and make every effort to make your stay truly magical. I have never been spoken to by more enlightened people, fed more gastronomic delights, exercised and found it fun or wandered around such beautiful grounds.

Gaia offers a truly amazing experience of which all of us should take a step back from our busy lives and retreat into the sanctuary which Gaia has to offer.

I hope one day to return and enjoy the experience once more. Until then, I will take what I have learnt and experienced and forever hold it in a special place in my heart.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

Just returned from a 5 night stay at Gaia and feel like a new person. Wonderfully welcoming environment, allows you to select your own pace of relaxation and restoration. Beautiful grounds, great staff and a crew of experts available to attend to your every physical, spiritual and emotional need.
Good healthy food, simple daily routines and no boot camp element all made for a really transforming trip for me.
I will try and do this once every year from now on, thanks Gaia!

• Stayed July 2010
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

Gaia is more then I thought it would be, it is understated, it is unique, one feels as if one is the only important guest visiting, all the team at Gaia go out of their way to make each guest feel special. They know your name and requirements within minutes, nothing is every a problem. Once I got into the flow of the place, I made use of everything, from the most wonderful spa treatments, that seemed like everyone had time for you, no one was looking at their watches for the next guests, using the 'living room' as my own, helping myself to a range of teas, nuts and nibbles whilst reading a book. The surroundings were tranquil, lush and cared for. The food, divine, all organic and made fresh for each meal, I wanted to know what was in each dish, so I could replicate it at home. I could be as active as I wanted, each night my activities card highlighted the events of the next day, my treatments & the important meal times. There are so many facets to a great holiday, some time out, this place had them all. It was an easy place to be as a solo traveller or with another. I felt so cocooned and am taking a lesson with me, on self care. Gaia will be on a continuous 'bucket list'. Well done to Gregg & his team. Yvonne (7 / 2010).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

I had no real expectations but I promise you it exceeded anything I could have imagined. The reason I chose Gaia was because I so needed time out but wasnt prepared to give up coffee or a glass of wine with dinner for anyone! I have no interest in attending a boot camp(ever) , however I did want to just get back to myself and spend time alone (for the first time in my life at 44). There is a resonating theme from all these reviews, it is truly a special experience for the body, mind and soul. The location is so perfect and you are free to do as little as or much as you would like, the yoga a must for the meditation alone.. Greg is the perfect host, warm, gracious and charming. His team genuinely are there to care for you. It is small and intimate and you can sit alone or with a group but everyone respects each others space. Nothing is too much trouble down to the meals which are catered to the individual. All the staff know who you are and why you are there. My life is one big meal and trust me this did not disappoint, the food is awesome and I wish I was Oprah and I could have staff feed me like that every night!!!!! Rani and the staff in the Spa know exactly what you need and I loved being guided by them. Thank you everyone for taking such good care of me and making me feel a part of the Gaia family, which is exactly what it is . Dear Renee thanks for my snack box!!! Love your work people!!
Come on, can I have a job there, please??????????? Bags packed and ready.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank denibradley
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

Gaia is an amazing little nugget of goodness tucked away up on a hill. It has beautiful views from all places. The rooms were clean, fresh and warm. The food was amazing. The service of Gaia as a whole is like no-other. They strive on excellence and perfection. Each and every staff member was friendly, helpful and went above and beyond what was expected of them. I would like to say, I loved the little hand towels in the bathrooms; they were a really nice touch!!

The Day Spa was wonderful and relaxing, the therapists were knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and had great hands. Mum and I both loved our massages!! As a therapist I find it hard to find good massages, Gaia Day Spa definitely have amazing massage therapists.

I would like to thank Gaia especially for making our stay pleasurable, relaxing and warm. We felt that you guys did a fantastic job in all areas and I would recommend anyone to go to Gaia for a trip away, to relax, to unwind and to be spoilt. My mum and I had a great time away together and we will definitely be back there for our yearly "Mother and Daughter" Bonding. I'll be back for at least 5 days next time!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Noosa Heads
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

A very welcoming, luxurious, warm and nurturing place to stay and spend time. A beautiful nature reserve, food for the soul.
Wonderful organic healthy food.
Beautiful, high quality day spa.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Elements of Byron
Watermark at Wategos
Watermark at Wategos
#26 of 32 in Byron Bay
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!