“5 star retreat.....brilliant”

and 1 more site!
Gaia Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Reviewed January 27, 2010

we have stayed here 3 times. twice in a layana room, and once for our honeymmon in an acala suite....everything is good here. the rooms are beautifully appointed; room service is amazing (new fluffy towels, bottled water, teas, fresh fruit every day.. the cleaning ladies are always friendly and nothing is too much for them). Well...The FOOD...yummy...what can i say but nothing we have EVER experienced before. the wines are organic, the meals are all inclusive, and soo fresh. and the staff are so good at meeting and anticipating every need. the grounds are peaceful, the yoga is great.
From the minute you get out of the carpark, you enter a different world... all we can say is thanks to Gregg, and all his wonderful staff.....

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gaia Retreat & Spa

Reviewed January 13, 2010

I cannot recommend Gaia highly enough and I am a tough judge! This is the second time and while I would have liked to have experienced somewhere new I couldnt find anywhere in Australia to compare. So pleased I didn't this time was even better! Gaia is the perfect place to retreat from the stresses of everyday life. There is an uplifting and calming spirit, felt as soon as you walk through the entrance. Nourished, nurtured and pampered by the best therapists ever experienced, each giving so much of themselves. Your every need met; with a smile, nothing ever too much trouble with Greg and his team make you feel truly special.

The food much of it plucked from the organic garden is delicious, totally satisfying and healthy. The wine list, yes a wine list!, is hand picked by Jonathan who knows his organics and low preservative wines very well. The waiting staff are friendly, fun and helpful.

Gaia is informal and pitches the perfect balance between exceptional customer service and providing space for those who enjoy solitude. I am planning my 3rd trip later this year!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank KateWoo
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Gaia Retreat is physically beautiful and intelligently designed, while holding true to its unique and sacred land space. Mind, body and soul are indulged in every way imaginable. The educational opportunities and value are immense and the food is both unbelievably healthy and satisfying. Daily yoga sessions inspire peace and calm for the day ahead and options for exercise are plenty. The spa treatments are superb and further complemented by the healing and nurturing staff. Gorgeous vistas allow reflection time and each day is an open book. A visit to this second heaven is a true blessing and potentially life changing. You'll treasure every second.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2010

The service at Gaia is five-star all the way, with staff who never miss a beat, whilst coming across as relaxed, warm and friendly. The fine dining every meal was divine; the food was beautifully prepared. Special needs are not only catered for, but the resulting meals are of equally quality to the 'standard' fare. Morning yoga was well worth the effort, catering equally well for absolute beginners and the (it seemed to me) very experienced. We each tried a few spa treatments, which we loved. Talking to other guests it appeared that everyone was happy with this aspect, including the men.

We travelled over new year, which meant that some activities we were expecting were not offered. It did not matter, though, because there was plenty to do - or not - depending on the mood we were in.

The only criticism was the 'hard sell' from the naturopaths; we ended up with supplements we didn't want because we are too polite to say 'no' and the two appointments (each) were an automatic part of our 'package' (even though I enquired about substituting something else). Some guests just decline to go to the appointment, which is what I wish I had done.

Overall, it was one of the best holidays I've had in years. Well worth saving up for as a special treat.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Gaia is the essential retreat to restore hope, revitalise your energy levels and soothe your weary soul. It is unique in it's ability to reconnect with the child within. Days are long and full of wonder, the food is lovingly prepared and placed in front of you, the spa treatments are incredibily nurturing, the peaceful remote, area enables a luxurious nights sleep. And it took all my control not to roll down the grassy hills that surround the property!! Susie, Sydney, Australia

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2009

My week at Gaia ranks without doubt as one of the best gifts I have ever given to myself. The beauty and tranquillity that abounds at Gaia together with a program of daily yoga, heavenly spa treatments and other health-promoting activities sets the scene for a complete physical, emotional and spiritual makeover. My hopes for my stay were for a relaxing time and to come away refreshed and rejuvenated however Gaia delivered way more, greatly exceeding my expectations. Once within Gaia’s realms, one cannot help but succumb to an all-pervading sense of equanimity and serenity. Gaia is an education too – there is much to take home to positively impact your day to day living.
The daily Yoga is amazing - I loved every energising breath of it. The meals served in the beautiful Kukura House and on the Tevana Deck are superb and a range of organic wines are available to complement the evening meal. You’ll find Gaia’s staff so warm and accommodating that very quickly you’ll feel a total belonging to the Gaia experience. What impressed me also about Gaia is that you can tailor what is on offer to suit yourself - there is no rigid regime you must stick to. Participation is up to the individual – do as little or as much as you desire. Gaia is set amongst the most breathtaking landscape and the walking tracks will give you unforgettable memories of the beauty that surrounds. A bike ride to the quaint little town of Newrybar, about 2.5 kms away, is also well worth it.
The accommodation is bright, tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Quite honestly I cannot find enough superlatives to describe the heavenly time I spent there. I found myself unable to leave at the end of my stay so I cancelled my flight and immersed myself in two more days of sheer bliss. My trip to Gaia is just the beginning of more to come. I now know the perfect place to retreat to when I need time out to rethink, reenergise, rejuvenate, refresh and restore. Gaia is truly a haven. Experience her and you are bound to be drawn back time and time again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Gaia really focused on what I needed. Many retreats are known for their spas, exercise and yoga programs and professional staff - this is indeed true of Gaia. BUT the individual approach to ensuring services are tailored to what each guest wants ensures Gaia standsout from the others. The food was superb and offered great choice - diet, detox or just healthy tasty eating ... and a glass of wine. I arrived in great need of some time out and left feeling like a new person - I felt taller and suspect I really was.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Angela99Melbourne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Azabu Boutique Accommodation Byron Bay
#17 of 32 in Byron Bay
Watermark at Wategos
Watermark at Wategos
#24 of 32 in Byron Bay

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!