“Fantastic! Superb location, food and treatments!”
Review of Gaia Retreat & Spa

Gaia Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We have stayed at Gaia on numerous occassions and every time we come away feeling restored and relaxed. We have travelled all over the world and Gaia is truly a unique place - the surroundings are exceptional, the food is delicious, the staff are attentive and focused on making you feel pampered and cocooned. We leave our stress behind when we walk in the door, and when we leave we feel rejuvenated.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2009

My stay at Gaia was all I hoped it would be. I left feeling rejuvenated, refreshed and relaxed. All the staff and therapists were very professional and caring. I would definately go back and would recommended Gaia to anyone wanting a special place to unwind.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2009

As someone who has traveled to some of the top resorts and hotels in the world, I have never had an experience as wonderful as my stay at GAIA. Peaceful, invigorating, an amazing staff and some of the best food I have even had from their own organic garden. Don't wait, BOOK YOUR TRIP now!

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I was tired and stressed when I arrived from Melbourne but within a few hours of my arrival, the magic of Gaia had kicked in. The place is beautiful - stylish and comfortable. And the staff are friendly and efficient. I have been to a couple of luxury spas in Asis but this beats them hands down. I had been wary about eating only healthy food but discovered it's delicious and was delighted to find I could have a wine with dinner. I loved the massages - so relaxing - and the morning Yoga. It's another world - and you go home feeling so calm and ready for anything.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2009

From the moment you arrive and step on the soil you know you are in a very special and magical place. So much so that I found it hard to walk and connect with Mother Earth for a few moments until I surrendered and allowed acceptance. You can choose a very deep spiritual journey within at Gaia or you can simply arrive for a relaxing stay. What sets Gaia apart and makes it a leader is that you set your own pace and direction of your stay. I have tracelled the world and always come home to Gaia. xoxoxo Madonna

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank sally066
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I first went to Gaia in 2005, not long after it opened, and I keep going back. I honestly didn't think that six days could leave me feeling a different person. But it did. The food is a revelation. The Spa has spoiled me for treatments back in Melbourne. The location is lushly serene and beautiful. But the best thing of all is the service - attentive, but relaxed, inclusive, friendly and nothing is ever too much. The hardest thing is not being able to go as often as I would like. If you can't be happy here I'd say you'd be hard pushed to be happy anywhere. And don't get me started on the gorgeous Gio and Sophie...

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I went to Gaia with a friend who had been before - sceptical when she raved about it because things are rarely as good a second time round. But, she was right and I loved it. I went in exhausted, fed up with the stress of my life - just plain tired. Seven nights later I'm back in Sydney wanting to tell everybody how fantastic I feel.

I can highly recommend the morning yoga, the fantastic array of spa treatments (spent most of the day in the spa's luxurious robes, it seemed) and reading book after book. The food was just terrific and healthily delicious - and you can have a glass of wine with your dinner! Not a boot camp like many of the other spas I've been too - in Australia and internationally.

The staff were universally helpful and friendly - led by manager Greg who never seemed to have a day off and was always there for a chat and to check up on how everything was going. Jonathan and LeLe were my two favourite waiter staff. Always great for a chat and very knowledgeable about the food on offer.

The downsides? Not significant. Our room was about to undergo a renovation so it was a bit tired - but I did sneak a peak at the ones which had been recently done and they looked good. The treatments aren't cheap - but they were all very good and I got three freebies as part of the six day package anyway so the rest were my choice. The weather was a bit rubbish - but they can't do anything about that - and it encouraged me to just sit quietly, drinking tea and eating healthy snacks (muffins every morning!) in the fantastic main lounge area and read books. Loved the sculpture class - would have liked another "arty class" or cooking class or something in the six days cos I wasn't there to do full on exercise.

Would I go back - you betcha! I rarely want to return somewhere cos there is always somewhere new to try - but I felt Gaia has set me on new paths to a moe relaxed and happier life and I will want to go back to recharge the batteries regularly. No TV - no computer (though I did see someone else had brought theirs), no stress!

Go and enjoy!!!!!
Denise - Sydney.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Elements of Byron
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale
Watermark at Wategos
Watermark at Wategos
#25 of 34 in Byron Bay

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!