“Everything we wished for!”
Review of Gaia Retreat & Spa

and 1 more site!
Gaia Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We booked in short notice for a couple of days relaxation, and indeed we left feeling as if we had been away for weeks!
The accommodation was good, bed was comfortable, bathroom was very well equipped and up to date, and housekeeping standard could not be faulted.
The grounds are beautiful,and the views across the valley from the deck off the restaurant are superb. Walking around the grounds proved to be a daily ritual not to be missed.
I had a very relaxing massage treatment, the masseuse was most professional. She suggested that on my next visit I should book the intuitive massage which would be of more benefit to my warn out body.
The service in the restaurant was delightful, and food, although limited in variety for lunch and dinner was quite delicious, and always beautifully presented. Breakfast options were ample, and satisfying. All dietary requirements were catered for without fuss. The meditation class was a highlight for me.
Thank you to all the excellent staff, we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 10, 2013

As a birthday present to myself I took myself off to Gaia Retreat and Spa for 4 nights.
I was looking for some time out for me, me time! I had the most wonderful time at Gaia Retreat.
The Spa treatments allowed me to float off into another world being totally relaxed.
The food... every course was just delicious. I love the way Gaia has a communal table, so if you feel like sitting with other guests at meal times you can or if you want to sit on your own that is perfectly fine too.
I enjoyed meeting some of the other guests, really interesting people from all walks of life, male and female.
I was also surprised to see quite a few couples as guests, next time I will bring my partner.
All the staff are professional, calming, helpful and caring, just delightful!
I have been to many Health Retreats and I can’t fault Gaia. I feel privileged for being able to stay at Gaia.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Louise C
Reviewed December 9, 2013

What a wonderfully relaxing, friendly and personal escape. We felt ourselves relaxing within minutes of arriving; the welcome, location, layout and aesthetics of Gaia have surely been designed for this and it works. The food was fantastic - nutritious and delicious and my special dietary requirements were easily met; we were always looking forward to the next meal. The communal table is great for singles looking to have a chat with another guest. The day spa is divine - the choice of massages seems never-ending and the staff are welcoming and nurturing and the quality of therapists is the highest I have experienced yet. The high calibre of this resort is reinforced by the many guests who keep returning... I think that half of the guests that I met had been to Gaia before and I will shortly include myself in this category as I look forward to returning. We had the Acala Suite which I highly recommend but I also saw the cheaper room options and I think they were lovely also and I would be happy to stay in them. My personal highlights were the daily morning yoga (both Danielle and Christine were fantastic), appointment with naturapath, Beth who has inspired me on my journey to increased health and my intuitive massage with Giselle which was without a doubt the best massage I have received ever.
Thank you to all the wonderful staff at Gaia. It really was a treat!
Regards, Helen & Julian

Room Tip: The Acala suite with its comfortable lounge, hot tub and large private deck with spectacular views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I made a spontaneous trip to Gaia last week as I was absolutely at the end of my tether with overwork and overwhelm. For me it was the perfect solution. I enjoyed the tranquility and earthiness of the retreat and indulged in a massage or various other therapies each day. By day 3 all I wanted to do was sleep which I desperately needed. The therapist are amongst the best I have ever encountered....and I have been to many all over the world.
The Yoga each morning plus the meditation I learned were fantastic, along with the natural food, of which there were plenty of tasty salads and vegetables, plus chicken and fish, that have inspired me to learn a little more about preparing better meals for myself.
My room was simple and comfortable, no TV, no phone, no grog in the fridge, which are the usual spoils, turned out to be part of the quiet magic of regaining my self. I'll be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This I would say is one of the most special places to come to and I would highly recommend it. I always feel so welcome and loved by the staff.I find the staff all know the true meaning of service with an open heart.Anything I may need they go out of there way to take care of.I love the Day spa and I find the therapists are so well trained and when I come away from there I feel so nurtured, relaxed and cared for.I find the food is exceptional.First class in my experience.I love the way it is presented.I feel the land here at Gaia is very sacred and I always feel a sense of coming home.I feel it is a beautiful place to connect with the earth.They have activities daily which I am at choice to do or not which I love.I find the accomodation is top class with a earthy feel to it.I love the attention to detail and not really having to think about what you may need as it is provided.I love the yoga classes and Danielle is an amazing yoga teacher with many years of experience. I go away always feeling ready to face the world again with more ease.I keep coming back. Joanne k

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joanne k
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at Gaia Retreat and Spa for 6 nights and should have done it sooner. The people at Gaia at all levels make you feel very special. Spa treatments were top notch! I did the 5-night detox which was well done and had access to a naturopath throughout in case I needed to adjust anything. Food even on the detox was fabulous and when I was finished the regular (I hate to use the word because it is anything but ordinary) menu was just beautiful. A real treat was personal yoga with Danielle, opened up a new appreciation for yoga. On the rooms, stayed in a Layana Room as a single which was great. Thought I'd miss a TV, but didn't at all!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hilary P
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Gaia retreat and Day Spa is a magical place that I recommend to all. From the moment I arrived I was treated like a Queen. The service, facilities, cleanliness of rooms and gourmet cuisine are impeccable. I partciularly loved the personalised touches namely; a personalised welcome card with spa gift and slippers for my comfort. The daily personalised cards outline the actvities you may wish to partake, spa treatments booked as well as the weather forecast for the day. The Byron Bay Dream spa package was heavenly. Kim and Angeliqa are amazing, so caring with great masseuse skills . Danielle's yoga sessions are a must! The staff at Gaia go out of their way to ensure your stay is like no other place. I feel rejuvenated! A new woman and thank the staff and management for an experience that I will never forget. Will be back! Love and light.
Frances

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Frances P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Azabu Boutique Accommodation Byron Bay
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale
Watermark at Wategos
Watermark at Wategos
#25 of 34 in Byron Bay

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!