“Glorious Gaia”

and 1 more site!
Gaia Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Gaia is a truly unique place. A retreat and spa with world class food and exceptional therapists in a beautiful rural setting. I had planned to go to Bali for a week of yoga and meditation in Indonesian luxury. At the airport I discovered my passport didn't have the minimum 6 months validity required. Spirits low, I rang Gaia. By chance a room was available and four hours later I arrived. Now after 6 days at Gaia I'm leaving, feeling amazing, and knowing I will be back.

Set in the lush Byron hinterland with what feels like acres and acres of its own rolling hills, Gaia is unlike anywhere else I have been in Australia, or around the world. Gaia is luxurious in a laid back effortless way with Balinese touches and some great contemporary art. The rooms are simple and comfortable with lovely small touches. If you can, book a terrace room; the private daybed is great spot to curl up with a book and the bathtub is heaven with its big complimentary tub of naturally scented bath salts and Gaia's soft filtered rainwater. Not that the property is short of secluded spots, my favourite is the hilltop daybed with rolling countryside laid out at your feet as far as the eye can see.

Gregg and his wonderful team treat you like a valued guest and personal friend and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and cared for. I eat no gluten, dairy, eggs or sugar which often leads to boring food and an annoyed chef when travelling. Not at Gaia. The food was exceptional - natural mostly organic ingredients - many grown in their own kitchen garden - complex flavours and beyond beautiful presentation. Top restaurant quality food which is clean and packed with nutrients.

The spa is dedicated to healing and nurturing tired souls with its large team of highly experienced and open-hearted naturopaths and therapists. A Naturopath wellness consult given by Gaia helps to navigate the many therapies on offer and tailor a programme to you. From Esoteric massage to naturopathy and counselling, whatever ails you, body or soul, Gaia can put you on the road back to health and harmony.

I came by chance and I leave knowing I will return every year. Thank you Gaia, you have revived me.

Room Tip: Go for a terrace room if budget allows. The big daybed gives you more private space and the bathtub...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank nikkihillier
There are newer reviews for Gaia Retreat & Spa

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Thank you so much to Gregg and the team for all your giving. Gaia represented for me a path towards inner peace. I Left feeling more grounded and grateful for all the love I received; from the beautiful food, kindness from the staff, the wonderful treatments and breath taking surrounding. Nothing was too much trouble. I can't imagine that anything could be more perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My second visit to Gaia last week surpassed my last visit 7 months ago. Gregg Cave and his team excelled at making me feel welcome, relaxed and in paradise. The spa treatments (each one) were worth thr flight from Sydney alone and the food was nothing less than amazing. Thank you to the Gaia / family - see you again soon.

PS. For anyone visiting the retreat - do not miss the morning yoga sessions - Christine and Danielle are both incredible. I want them to start monthly visits to Sydney!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank THamel_78
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What a treat it was to spend six nights at beuatiful Gaia with a dear friend. From the moment you enter Gaia, one feels nurtured. Nurtured by the picturesque landscape, the beautiful caring staff, blissful treatments and soulful, organic food. Whatever stresses you are facing in your day to day life, Gaia will leave you feeling pampered, renewed and peaceful. Go ahead, book your escape today and let yourself be wrapped up in the blanket of love and care that is Gaia.
Mandy :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandy117
Reviewed August 15, 2013

From the moment you arrive at Gaia....til the moment you leave...for me the word Sublime best expresses the Gaia Family, the Location, and my overall experience and the feeling I had throughout my stay at Gaia. I was fortunate to be invited to join my Partner for several days at this Amazing Retreat and Spa...it was what my mind, body and soul needed....and boy did they deliver beyond my expectations. This Retreat, lead by Gregg Cave, is committed to making you feel nurtured and ultimately restored. It is a place that should not be missed if you are considering going away to a magical place....I felt so blessed to have had this experience which is Gaia!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George M
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have just returned from my 7th trip to the stunning Gaia Retreat and Spa.
It's picturesque setting, out of this world treatments, delicious organic food and the warmest, kindest staff you could ever wish to meet make it my little slice of heaven.
Gaias secret is it provides warmth and nurturing when you most need it and you will leave feeling refreshed, revitalised and with a sense of calm and hope.
The treatments and exercise combined with day beds an hammocks with simply breathtaking views allow you to reconnect with Mother Nature and calms your soul.
It's simply my most favourite place to rest, recouperate and unwind and is truly divine.
I wholeheartedly recommend Gaia after visiting many spas all over the world, wherever help you need, Gaia is the answer.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Evie12345
Reviewed July 28, 2013

When I arrived at Gaia I was in bad shape. The love of my life had just ended our relationship, I had endured 6 months of a particularly stressful work environment, I had moved house in 2 weeks from a large 3 bedroom home to a compact two bedroom unit & hadn't yet unpacked & I had been in a contract of sale that was on again off again with my deceased parents home for approx. 6 weeks. I felt burned out; like I had nothing more to offer or give to the world or anyone in it. The first day I was there, I think I was still coming out of the shock of my situation. By the end of the first 24 hours I was starting to unwind & get into the groove. The nurturing & love & compassion that flows at Gaia is very healing. The food was deliciously fresh & nurturing. The treatments were so relaxing & healing and the staff were very kind & caring. The room was luxurious & provided me with a comforting place when I needed time away from the world. The staff always knew how I took my coffee & used my name. The views & gardens are breathtaking & certainly helped me to shut down the mind at times. I would definitely recommend Gaia to anyone who needs to get away & relax. It is a very special place that words cannot aptly describe. Try it for yourself & you will realise what I'm talking about.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jill B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Azabu Boutique Accommodation Byron Bay
#17 of 32 in Byron Bay
Watermark at Wategos
Watermark at Wategos
#24 of 32 in Byron Bay

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!