Gaia is a truly unique place. A retreat and spa with world class food and exceptional therapists in a beautiful rural setting. I had planned to go to Bali for a week of yoga and meditation in Indonesian luxury. At the airport I discovered my passport didn't have the minimum 6 months validity required. Spirits low, I rang Gaia. By chance a room was available and four hours later I arrived. Now after 6 days at Gaia I'm leaving, feeling amazing, and knowing I will be back.
Set in the lush Byron hinterland with what feels like acres and acres of its own rolling hills, Gaia is unlike anywhere else I have been in Australia, or around the world. Gaia is luxurious in a laid back effortless way with Balinese touches and some great contemporary art. The rooms are simple and comfortable with lovely small touches. If you can, book a terrace room; the private daybed is great spot to curl up with a book and the bathtub is heaven with its big complimentary tub of naturally scented bath salts and Gaia's soft filtered rainwater. Not that the property is short of secluded spots, my favourite is the hilltop daybed with rolling countryside laid out at your feet as far as the eye can see.
Gregg and his wonderful team treat you like a valued guest and personal friend and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and cared for. I eat no gluten, dairy, eggs or sugar which often leads to boring food and an annoyed chef when travelling. Not at Gaia. The food was exceptional - natural mostly organic ingredients - many grown in their own kitchen garden - complex flavours and beyond beautiful presentation. Top restaurant quality food which is clean and packed with nutrients.
The spa is dedicated to healing and nurturing tired souls with its large team of highly experienced and open-hearted naturopaths and therapists. A Naturopath wellness consult given by Gaia helps to navigate the many therapies on offer and tailor a programme to you. From Esoteric massage to naturopathy and counselling, whatever ails you, body or soul, Gaia can put you on the road back to health and harmony.
I came by chance and I leave knowing I will return every year. Thank you Gaia, you have revived me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrender to the beauty and healing cultures of Gaia Retreat & Spa, nestled in the breathtaking Bundjalung Country hinterland of Byron Bay, Northern NSW Australia. Gaia is the perfect place to renew, refresh, and restore. Poised on the highest point in the shire and set on 25 acres, Gaia has 20 beautifully appointed retreat style bungalow villas set in the lush sub tropical gardens. This unique boutique property will seduce you into infinity with its endless views and beautiful vistas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gaia Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaia Retreat Hotel Brooklet
- Gaia Retreat And Spa
- Gaia Retreat & Spa Australia/Brooklet