Following the sudden loss of our daughter at 25 weeks, my wife and I knew we needed to get away but were at a loss about what to do. We had never been to a retreat/spa before but stumbled across Gaia and it was the best thing we could have done to start the healing process.
The setting is stunning (even when it rained for most of our trip - we travelled in late June),spa incredibly healing and customer service nothing short of a 10/10 from the GM down to the cleaners. Everyone knows your name and goes out of their way to make the experience personal to you.
The food is amazing and has changed our diets forever. I have a dairy intolerance and this was catered for in every meal, without any damage being done to the taste! We both came away a lot better educated on how to make healthy alternatives that taste great using alternatives suitable to our body. Even without the healing aspect of Gaia this in itself was worth the price
We did yoga most mornings with Danielle and found the pace and postures challenging but not extreme. I had done some yoga in the past and my wife had done none and we both enjoyed it.
Between us we had some brilliant treatments. The highlight was the osteo/massage treatment I had from Kyle which really got into my troubled hip/lower back, and between us we also loved the deep tissue massage, facial, body scrub, naturopath and chinese medicine. Therapists were happy to recommend other therapists they thought might help with treatments for us which was a real surprise to me. We had a sauna most nights and it all created the perfect healing environment.
If you're looking for a glitzy resort this isn't it, but what it does offer is a very comfortable, friendly, personal and boutique experience. In terms of accommodation our room was very comfortable with a king bed and the bathroom excellent.
Whilst I was initially concerned about the price tag in the end it was a very worthwhile investment in getting our lives back on track in a positive way, and in the longer run our health and wellbeing.
Thankyou Greg & all your team for a memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrender to the beauty and healing cultures of Gaia Retreat & Spa, nestled in the breathtaking Bundjalung Country hinterland of Byron Bay, Northern NSW Australia. Gaia is the perfect place to renew, refresh, and restore. Poised on the highest point in the shire and set on 25 acres, Gaia has 20 beautifully appointed retreat style bungalow villas set in the lush sub tropical gardens. This unique boutique property will seduce you into infinity with its endless views and beautiful vistas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gaia Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaia Retreat Hotel Brooklet
- Gaia Retreat And Spa
- Gaia Retreat & Spa Australia/Brooklet