“Just what the doctor ordered”
Review of Gaia Retreat & Spa

and 1 more site!
Gaia Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Following the sudden loss of our daughter at 25 weeks, my wife and I knew we needed to get away but were at a loss about what to do. We had never been to a retreat/spa before but stumbled across Gaia and it was the best thing we could have done to start the healing process.

The setting is stunning (even when it rained for most of our trip - we travelled in late June),spa incredibly healing and customer service nothing short of a 10/10 from the GM down to the cleaners. Everyone knows your name and goes out of their way to make the experience personal to you.

The food is amazing and has changed our diets forever. I have a dairy intolerance and this was catered for in every meal, without any damage being done to the taste! We both came away a lot better educated on how to make healthy alternatives that taste great using alternatives suitable to our body. Even without the healing aspect of Gaia this in itself was worth the price

We did yoga most mornings with Danielle and found the pace and postures challenging but not extreme. I had done some yoga in the past and my wife had done none and we both enjoyed it.

Between us we had some brilliant treatments. The highlight was the osteo/massage treatment I had from Kyle which really got into my troubled hip/lower back, and between us we also loved the deep tissue massage, facial, body scrub, naturopath and chinese medicine. Therapists were happy to recommend other therapists they thought might help with treatments for us which was a real surprise to me. We had a sauna most nights and it all created the perfect healing environment.

If you're looking for a glitzy resort this isn't it, but what it does offer is a very comfortable, friendly, personal and boutique experience. In terms of accommodation our room was very comfortable with a king bed and the bathroom excellent.

Whilst I was initially concerned about the price tag in the end it was a very worthwhile investment in getting our lives back on track in a positive way, and in the longer run our health and wellbeing.

Thankyou Greg & all your team for a memorable experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben F
There are newer reviews for Gaia Retreat & Spa

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Most amazing retreat from the time you are picked up from the airport to your return trip you are Special. The staff are fantastic never forgetting your name and always willing to get or do any request you may need. Rooms perfect, scenery unbelievable, food so good makes me want to go Vegetarian and the best Spa treatments. You will not regret your stay you will treasure it.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mrsthistle
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am so excited that this beautiful little paradise is available here in Australia so I don't even have to leave the country! The quality of the experience from pick up to good bye is completely relaxed, stylish & exceptional. The accommodation is beautiful & peaceful & the little touches (fruit, oil burner, soft thick robes & slippers & quality products) just add that touch of luxury we all love. The food is delicious, nutritious and plentiful. How wonderful that the choice is left to the Chef! All of the facilities continue the theme of quality and the absolute expertise of all the staff just adds to the relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. They know what they are doing, they are confident and love what they do. It is the intangible and well as the tangible that makes this place slightly magic. When you are transported to this place of peace & tranquility, you will probably wonder why you didn't make the time to experience Gaia before. Dont leave it too long, it will change the way you think! I have already started plans for my next visit! Thank you to the whole team for looking after me so deliciously well. See you again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KrissyBrunyIsland
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I didn't stay at the retreat but I did spend a day there for the Gaia Goddess Day Spa package - thanks to my lovely husband :)
It was absolute heaven! The treatments are so luxurious. You have several options for each treatment depending on what effect you want or what you feel like on the day. They cater each one to your needs and tastes.
The Day Spa itself is very beautifully appointed and very comfortable. The staff are very lovely, tending to your every need and wish. After 4.5 hours of pampering I felt like a spoilt princess.
I also recommend the dining experience at the Kukura House - the main dining/shop/reception area. My treatment was followed by a lovely lunch on the deck overlooking the property gardens. Breathtaking.
Go on, spoil yourself! You deserve it!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Poohooky
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you are after a small, peaceful and beautiful spa retreat that allows you to rejuvenate, relax and renew... then I cannot recommend Gaia more highly. The food is absolutely divine! The 25 acre property is beautiful and so peaceful. And the spa treatments are so very very good!! (The best massage I have ever had - The Ka Huna.) All the staff are lovely and just make your stay so personal and enjoyable. The best thing about Gaia was the mix of time spent alone and time enjoying the company of others - a perfect mix to provide time to rejuvenate, relax and renew. Activities are optional which is great, as it allowed me to go with my mood and energy. But I can highly recommend the Yoga each morning as a lovely way to start the day. I adored my stay of 4 nights and are already planning a return visit, as many guests do.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Margo L
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having arrived feeling a little ruffled ,the staff at Gaia wove their magic and within a short period time, I was transferred to the most magical place . The views take your breath away , the rooms warm and peaceful with no tv which I considered to be a bonus which all added to the peace and tranquility of this amazing place. The food was fabulous and the activities varied with a good balance enabling you to do as many or as little as you liked. I was a little dubious of going alone but the staff treat you like a long lost friend, never being intrusive though always willing to offer a kind word or a helping hand. I spoke to a variety of staff who all said , it was an amazing place to work , that showed in every aspect of Gaia. The treatments were Pure Bliss ( I actually bought my daughter back for a day treatment 2 weeks later) My only complaint was that I didnt stay longer and that Olivia wasn't there! ( an old fan)
Next year I hope to come back for longer but will a longer trip be long enough ? I don't think so !
Lou Harrison - Paddington - QLD

Room Tip: I stayed in no 4 Layana room which was good , close to the spa and close to Kukura House Next time...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marie-Louise H
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After spending five glorious nights at Gaia, where do I begin in describing this amazing experience?

The views are breathtaking. The rooms are tastefully decorated promoting optimum rest. The day spa is exceptional with numerous treatments from world class therapists. And Kukura House: the central hub of Gaia is such an inviting room to mix with fellow guests, or just curl up on a comfortable couch reading a book. Everything is just beautiful.

However, what sets Gaia above other resorts are the PEOPLE. The staff are the heart of Gaia. They treat every guest as an individual, addressing one's differing needs with such compassion. The therapists' intuitively know one's concerns and direct the treatments according; reflecting the personalised approach to care.
Everybody from the reception staff, kitchen staff and waiting staff were faultless and always addressed you by your name; again reflecting the personal approach in this boutique resort.

There was no pressure to partake in the extra activities - comprising of daily yoga and 1-2 additional activities daily (which is more than enough to fit in around one's day spa schedule).
The food is amazing; full of variety and flavours and very accommodating to dietary requirements.
The vegetarian option was delicious and I felt like I was dining in a five star restaurant every night!

After five nights I left with a new outlook on life. I had time out to reflect and just be me in a beautiful setting. My needs had been addressed by the talented therapists'- all in a safe and supportive environment. I learnt so much about listening and looking after my whole being : Physically, Emotionally and Spiritually that I will continue to nurture.

Gaia is a very special place with very special people.
Thank you Gregg and your wonderful team, you are all amazing and I cannot thank you enough for everything.
See you soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Azabu Boutique Accommodation Byron Bay
#18 of 32 in Byron Bay
Victoria's at Ewingsdale
Victoria's at Ewingsdale
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!