“Amazing must go”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
adelaide
“Amazing must go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently had one of the best holidays in my life. I went with a a girl friend as our husbands were busy, as I say that our husbands would enjoy it equally. Everything was perfect! The staff,the food and the spa. I have nothing but praise for Gaia. I recommend that you should treat yourself and have the experience. Nene

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tolnene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just returned from 4 heavenly nights at this unspeakably beautiful resort. It was everything I was looking for, and it was hard to believe that such a perfect experience (you can't describe this as just a 'place') even exists.
It's not cheap, even on a special rate, but it's worth every penny - and you really do feel that every single member of the team is dedicated to giving you the sort of experience you are after, whether it's a whole lot of alone time, a more social experience, or a mix of both.
The morning yoga was blissful, the all day organic muffins to-die-for and the vege-organic food fab enough to inspire healthy eating in the unhealthiest of eaters.
I had an entry-level room, which was more than adequate - clean, warm, cosy, quiet and tastefully decorated. I fell in love with my robe, and really didn't take it off the whole time (to the point I had to trade it for a fresh one - which nobody blinked an eyelid about.
The Gaia team were happy to accommodate my early morning caffeine fix by providing me with a plunger and fresh coffee to make my own in the early hours, before the rest of the world was awake, and fine about me stealing away a snack to go with it last thing each evening. Nothing was ever a problem, and they really did seem genuinely concerned that I get what I came for, and felt nurtured and pampered the whole time.
What I loved, having done resort retreats before, was how small the number of guests was, relative to how large the property is. I very rarely encountered others in the pool, and mostly had it, the spa pool and the sauna to myself every time - and this was over a period that Gaia was full up. Would do it again tomorrow, if I had the money - and suspect this is now an essential component of my 'recharge' strategy from here on in.

Room Tip: I had the basic room, and it was fine (I am a VERY fussy traveller). Great for one person, too small...
2 Thank SoozeNZ
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Gaia was all that I imagined it to be - and more. Greg and his fantastic team at Gaia have created a beautiful retreat to share with the world. How lucky am I to have had the opportunity to live in this haven of natural beauty for 5 glorious days in April 2013. From morning yoga with Danielle as the perfect beginning each day, to being greeted by a smile from every member of the team, to the divine food, to living in nature, to the world-class spa experiences - Gaia is your own journey. Nothing forced or structured. Just the opportunity to find your own rhythm. For me, surprising gifts and insights unfolded -- practices which continue now that I have returned to my life in the city. Thank you Greg and team for a soul enriching experience. I can't wait to visit again...

1 Thank Heather D
NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

As i write this review, I am enjoying a herbal tea made in my Gaia teapot.

This was my second visit to Gaia, a place i call "heaven on earth". Everyone that works at Gaia are just so lovely and you are welcomed by all staff. From the first point of contact when booking, Leanne and her admin team are very helpful and pleasant.

I have been a big fan of Olivia Newton-John for many years and along with close friend Gregg, they have created a truly magical retreat and spa. They should be extremely proud of their team of exceptional professionals! Words cannot describe just how amazing this place is.

The location is beautiful, the food is sensational and the spa treatments are fantastic. Gregg owns the most adorable dogs i have ever seen, Gio and Sophia. They are so affectionate and gets lots of attention from the guests.

I cannot recommend Gaia highly enough! Everyone should experience a visit to magical Gaia at least once in their lives. I arrived home feeling very relaxed and I cant wait to return again, hopefully very soon!!

Thankyou Gregg, Leanne and all the team at Gaia for another truly relaxing break!

Olivia - NSW

1 Thank Olivia L
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Booked in for 1.5 hour massage at the last minute with a friend. I was concerned we wouldn't get in, but the staff were very accommodating. Gaia is about 30 minutes out of byron, worth the drive as when you arrive its like another world. the grounds are better than how they look in the pictures. We arrived early and had lunch in the restaurant, the food was clean, wholesome and filling - fantastic. After lunch we got to use the swimming pool, spa and sauna, complimentary - all 5 star facilities. I have been to many spas and had many a massage but this one has to be the best massage I have ever had. My therapist Teresa listened to my ailments and then worked her magic like I've never experienced before. She was extremely knowledgeable and used a range of therapies to heal me. I highly recommend this place, the surroundings are lush, facilities 5 star and staff brilliant. Well done Gaia, I will return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank maxiebon
Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This would have to be the most amazing health retreat I have ever experienced, and I have traveled to many health orientated spas around the world. The attention to detail in this retreat is incredible and inspiring. Nestled in the most peaceful and calming environment, there are little moments of bliss everywhere you look. Whether it be relaxing on one of the gorgeous daybed bungalows overlooking the greenery and mountains or relaxing by the 5 star mineral enhanced pool. This place has got something for everyone. My husband I used this experience for a true escape from our stressful jobs. After 2 days we felt like different people. The food was incredible. We connected so well with all the staff and they were so supportive in areas we needed nourishment and guidance. Our accommodation was clean and tidy and most definitely 5 star material. We had a gorgeous view and felt really connected to nature. In fact my dreams even changed while we were here. I dreamed often of water and birds. They have the most gorgeous water features everywhere so you are constantly surrounded by the sound of calming water. We would definitely recommend this beautiful retreat to anyone who wants a unique, inspiring, soul nurturing experience in nature, but who doesn't want to compromise on quality of accommodation. The other thing that was fabulous is there was no pressure. You could tailor your experience exactly the way YOU wanted! fabulous experience, thanks Gaia!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clairededelune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Gaia was such a special treat for my friend and I who have have difficult health issues. It was exactly what the doctor ordered. Whether a retreat for this reason is wanted or whether it be for relaxation, to distress or to just get away from it all, I highly recommend Gaia. We were thoroughly spoilt with views, luxury, pampurring, organic, tasty and healthy meals (even a glass or two of organic wine) all with a smile and genuine hospitality. Just wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mandy C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Elements of Byron
Watermark at Wategos
Watermark at Wategos
#26 of 32 in Byron Bay
The Byron at Byron Resort & Spa

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!