“Relaxing and refreshing”

Gaia Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
“Relaxing and refreshing”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is just the place to relax and refresh from whatever stress and tension you have in your life!! I have just stayed at Gaia for 3 nights and have come home feeling calm and peaceful (at least for now). Gaia surroundings and gardens are absolutely lush green and beautiful and the only sounds you can here are the birds and wildlife. The day spa is one of the best I've ever come across (and I've experienced a few around the world).

The things that set Gaia apart? The fact that the staff bother to introduce themselves and remember your name. The fact that solo travellers can stay here by themselves and not feel our of place. The fact that you whether you are a spiritual believer or not ... you can't come away from here not feeling relaxed and refreshed.

The food is great and again, the staff go out of their way to make the food to your taste. The rooms are well sized and have lovely extras such as organic shampoo and conditioner and oil burners. And again, the day spa is the place to be.

Thank you Greg and team - I will definitely return next time my batteries need recharging.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Gaia team exhibited professionalism, exceptional service and kindness during my recent stay. I found the environment, attention to detail and overall care to be quite exceptional. Having travelled extensively and had different levels of satisfaction at retreats and resorts, I must commend you on a first class experience. I definitely will be returning and will recommend the experience to my family and friends.
I appreciated not only the overall presentation of the amenities, but the personal service and attention to detail; which truly made me feel that the team was interested in my relaxation and enjoyment.

Room Tip: The Sura room has a private outside day bed and a plasma TV. Given that the lower level rooms don...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The three most relaxing and restorative days of my life were recently spent at Gaia.
My sister and I were both seeking a complete break from our busy and stressful lives, and that is exactly what what we experienced.
On arrival we were greeted by the delightful and welcoming staff and from that time we were indulged in every conceivable way. The attention to detail in all respects was impeccable and the rooms spacious and extremely comfortable.
Each morning started with a early morning yoga class, in the yoga room which has the most incredible and relaxing view over the hills to the sea, followed by breakfast on the deck.
The range of fresh organic, home made food was incredible, not to mention the freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices. Lunches and dinners were delicious and catered specifically to our dietary requirements.
A visit to the kitchen garden is highly recommended. After enquiring about a particular unusual plant, the retreat's chef accompanied me for a private tour of the garden.
Our afternoons were passed in the spa, which was complete and utter bliss and indulgence, particulary the lemon Myrtle body polish finished with the warm coconut milk bath.
Not surprisingly, many of the guests during our stay had been to Gaia many times before and just wanted to keep going back!
So do we!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jill W
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Gaia is without doubt the best place in Australia for anyone who is stressed and needs to centre themselves and regain strength and clarity of mind. It is so peacful and relaxing, it's eay to unwind in no time at all. Plus they have the best food of any health retreat I have been to - and that is a vast number. It is truly gourmet goodness. I also love how you can opt in and out of classes, but I suggest you dont miss the yoga class as it is the best way to start the day. And fisnish it with a massage and body scrub at the spa. The best masseurs in the region.
Love it! Need it!
Deborah

Room Tip: Whilst the suites are sublime - all rooms are very good at every rate.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Deborah T
Roseville, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I can't think of another holiday/break that I've had where every day since my i got back I can't wait to return. But that's how I feel about Gaia. My daughter (aged 17) and I took a three night Renew Refresh and Restore package. The package included 1.5 hr massage, transfers, half hour wellness assessment, all meals and included activities. We stayed in the most expensive accommodation, the Acala 2 bedroom suite, but it was worth it. Two bedrooms, both with gorgeous ensuite bathroom, divided by spacious living room with TV, DVD, kitchenette. Spa on the deck and spectacular and peaceful views. Bed was very comfy, and I'm extremely picky. The meals were all delicious. Lots of muslies, fruit etc for breakfast plus cooked meal. Lunch usually light but delicious vegetarian lunch and three course dinner. You don't get a choice of meals, however you are asked if you have any allergies etc and that will be taken into consideration. I sat with my daughter but there are communal tables. You can also eat in your room (room service fee was included in our package). The dining staff were very friendly. Yoga (we had Danielle who was great) is included each morning, as are included talks (we had talks on bush flower essences with Lani and Chinese medicine with Cassandra). Both very informative. The property is large and walks are amazing. Meditation spots around the grounds can lull you into a deep state of relaxation, even if - like me - you find meditation difficult. The saltwater pool was just lovely. The best part of the retreat is the spa. Naomi, the spa manager, went out of her way to accommodate my daughter and my many requests for treatments. All treatments were highlights. Hakuna massage with Tim was incredible. He managed to find all my related sore spots and work them through, as did Priscylla who did a deal tissue massage. TCM with Cassandra was great and I had a meditation session with Lani that turned into more of a life changing spiritual healing experience. I also had sacralcranial balancing with Lisa. i must admit that i was sceptical but i found it very soothing and helpful for back problems and migraine. The various practitioners at the spa are really special people and they made our stay something very special. I felt a bit guilty about all the treatments I had, but as Naomi explained, it is a golden opportunity to try a diverse range of therapies and to see what works for you so you can take that knowledge home. Finally, the admin staff were so helpful. They made you feel special and like part of a "Gaia family". And the beautiful property dog, Gio, a gorgeous Italian lagotto, helped me over my pain of leaving my own beautiful dog at home. I couldn't recommend Gaia highly enough and can't wait for my next "maintenance" visit.

Room Tip: Acala 2 if travelling with friends.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon C
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I spent a life-changing three nights at Gaia recently and could not fault the experience... everything from my room to the spa treatments to the incredible food made me never want to leave! I am planning my 2013 return almost as I type : )

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Helene R
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I spent three night at Gaia with a girlfriend and we found the experience refreshing and inspiring. The activities were great, spa treatment amazing, staff were lovely and the food was to die for. We could not wait until it was breakfast, lunch and dinner time because the meals were so delicious and nutritious. When I got home from my trip I was a new person. My husband said to me, "who are you and what have you done with my wife?" Highly recommend this retreat and I will be back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Natalina G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Azabu Boutique Accommodation Byron Bay
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale
Watermark at Wategos
Watermark at Wategos
#25 of 32 in Byron Bay

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!