“Not sure where Simone N was staying?!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gaia Retreat & Spa

Gaia Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Melbourne
“Not sure where Simone N was staying?!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

After just returning from my 3rd trip to Gaia, I still love it just as much as the first time!
The staff are charming, the food is AMAZING, the gardens are like a tropical paradise and the accomodation is luxurious and styled to perfection!
At the start of your stay, you tell the team at Gaia of ANY food that you are allergic to, intolerant of, or just may not like. Of the 55+ lovely meals I have had at Gaia, I have never had anything appear on the plate that I had specified that I don't like. Maybe Simone forgot to mention her particular food aversions?! Every person on the community table agreed that they liked not having to decide on their meal as it was one less stress they had to worry about and every person alo raved how their meals have been delicious!
There are over 140 reviews saying that Gaia is Excellent, and 1, Simone's, saying that it's poor.. doesn't take Einstein to work that one out..!! haha. But honestly, I just feel sorry for her!
As for the accomodation, it is just beautiful, so so beautiful! If Simone can complain about the accomodation at Gaia, I would love to see where she normally lives! I'd imagine that it'd be out of this world! :)
I will definately be returning to Gaia next year as it is truely heaven on earth :) x

Room Tip: Acala 2 is amazing!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Hey_Wymy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

There are too many alternatives that provide better accomodation, wider meal choice (there is no menu to choose from - you get what is cooked - alterations to the ingredients are offered however I was still served what I didn't eat) and excellent spa facilities to justify spending such an exorbitant price at Gaia. The people who work at Gaia are lovely, and most of the meals were of high quality, however the accomodation itself is disappointing as is the feeling of being ripped off.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Simone D
GaiaRetreat, General Manager at Gaia Retreat & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I am disappointed to say the least and surprised to read of your dissatisfaction. With the many conversations we had, if you had let me know that you were feeling that way about your accommodation I would have personally done everything in my power to help you relocate to a more appropriate accommodation.

Gaia’s philosophy and approach allows the guest to truly own their experience. Included in each accommodation package, are all organic gourmet meals and snacks, spa treatment(s), daily activities including morning yoga, daily fitness activities, nutritional talks, Tai Chi, sculpture, meditation etc. It appeared that you didn’t take advantage of any of these activities or facilities that we have on offer. Perhaps this wasn’t the experience you were seeking? We’re really transparent about the experience that we offer both online and when booking.

The organic food at Gaia is brought in fresh each day and specific dietary requirements for each guest are tailored and catered to. After investigating your complaint, I learned that on one occasion you were served salmon instead of white fish. It was a human error and I do apologise. I believe once this specific requirement was clearly identified my team met all of your requirements to a high standard which included bringing in special orders.

We do believe we offer a valuable experience here at Gaia and I am shocked that you felt ripped off. If you consider the cost of our packages in comparison to the inclusions, you will see it is reasonably and fairly priced - especially considering the high standard of service and number of staff available to service our guest needs. Gaia is a 19 room boutique retreat spa experience, I get the feeling from your comments that perhaps you were anticipating a resort style holiday, not a health retreat experience.

As I have said, I only wish that you had given me the opportunity to address your complaints and feelings about the retreat whilst you were here so you may have left feeling the way that a Gaia guest should leave feeling – enriched and inspired!

Gregg
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had 2 days and nights recently at Gaia and felt relaxed, refreshed and renewed. We would have like to stay longer. The food was delicious, staff attentive and welcoming. All in all we felt blessed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lucca, Toscana, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Feeling stressed, overwhelmed and anxious on a Friday morning I knew I had to escape and breath. I could only take two nights break so I wanted to make the most of my break. I called at 11am Friday morning and booked for the next day, all very easy and hassle free. As soon as i made the call I felt better. The staff were friendly, accomodating and understanding. It was quickly affirmed as soon as I walked through the gates of Gaia, warm welcoming staff, the personal plate of fresh fruit and herbal tea. Everything was done with nuturing luxury. All hard work is taken away from you, the hardest thing you will have to decide is what to chose at the day spa - which is out of this world.
For anyone at any stage in their life, this is the perfect place to pause, not pressure - you just go at your own pace. I could not have possible wished for such a high standard.
Thanks so much Gaia for being there for me!

Room Tip: I was in the budget room and it was for me extremely luxurious, private and warm.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

The products
The Scenery
The activities
The farewell
And most importantly the Staff, ground staff to managers all so wonderfully cheerful and geniunely Caring people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Melb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I escaped from the pressure of living in Melbourne for a 5 night package. We chose the Acala 1 Suite 5 day package with a weight loss focus for myself. However after three days on Chicken, I was ecstatic when they offered me a steak for dinner. Whist everyone else eat fish I had my steak, real flexibility.
Upon arrival at Gold Coast Airport we were met on time by the very professional shuttle service. Our Drive was very knowledgeable and was a great introduction to the resort. Upon arrival we were met by the friendly and efficient crew and given some fresh fruit and iced tea.
After a discussion and a quick lunch we were shown to our room. The room was what I expected, renovated but not a glitzy marble encounter. We came here to relax not to be confronted with hard lines, and the room works well.
Dinner was amazing, I do not eat fish and as they generally do not serve meat I was left with a restricted choice, and my wife had put me on the weight loss focus, but was not let down by the chef who made even vegies exciting. However I was pleased to hear that I could change the menu as I wished. If I had not been on the weight loos I would have been able to ask for anything and they would have obliged. The food was at a 5 star standard.
The next day I was confronted with the problem that my wife’s glasses collapsed overnight. I spoke to Greg and he obliged me by simply saying, you are welcome to just take my car down to Bryon Bay and go to this Optometrist, I was overwhelmed by the personal service offered by Greg and his crew, a real tribute to management at the very highest level. Nothing was ever a problem for the crew and they are always there to help.
The Spar crew are at the highest, all experienced and well trained.
All I can say is if you surrender your life management (Food, exercise etc) to Greg and his crew from when you arrive until you leave and just concern yourself with just relaxing, you are in the very best hands.
This is the best in Australia for a reason, it is. Food, Service, Spar… The lot.
In conclusion, just go there!

Room Tip: We chose the Acala 1 Suite 5 day package, originally I looked at the LAYANA Room however for two peo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew Y
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

What can I say, great location, great food, great staff and the spa treatments are fantastic.
I went to Gaia with a friend and had 2 nights of peace and relaxation.
I was in the layana room which was beautiful and had everything you would need.
The grounds and views are amazing.
And of course the food is superb.
I had several treatments in the spa which were amazing.
It is the right mix of activities and relaxation
I will be going back, soon I hope

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
SummerHills Retreat Byron Bay
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale
Watermark at Wategos
Watermark at Wategos
#25 of 32 in Byron Bay

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!