“Great place to go”

and 1 more site!
Gaia Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I escaped from the pressure of living in Melbourne for a 5 night package. We chose the Acala 1 Suite 5 day package with a weight loss focus for myself. However after three days on Chicken, I was ecstatic when they offered me a steak for dinner. Whist everyone else eat fish I had my steak, real flexibility.
Upon arrival at Gold Coast Airport we were met on time by the very professional shuttle service. Our Drive was very knowledgeable and was a great introduction to the resort. Upon arrival we were met by the friendly and efficient crew and given some fresh fruit and iced tea.
After a discussion and a quick lunch we were shown to our room. The room was what I expected, renovated but not a glitzy marble encounter. We came here to relax not to be confronted with hard lines, and the room works well.
Dinner was amazing, I do not eat fish and as they generally do not serve meat I was left with a restricted choice, and my wife had put me on the weight loss focus, but was not let down by the chef who made even vegies exciting. However I was pleased to hear that I could change the menu as I wished. If I had not been on the weight loos I would have been able to ask for anything and they would have obliged. The food was at a 5 star standard.
The next day I was confronted with the problem that my wife’s glasses collapsed overnight. I spoke to Greg and he obliged me by simply saying, you are welcome to just take my car down to Bryon Bay and go to this Optometrist, I was overwhelmed by the personal service offered by Greg and his crew, a real tribute to management at the very highest level. Nothing was ever a problem for the crew and they are always there to help.
The Spar crew are at the highest, all experienced and well trained.
All I can say is if you surrender your life management (Food, exercise etc) to Greg and his crew from when you arrive until you leave and just concern yourself with just relaxing, you are in the very best hands.
This is the best in Australia for a reason, it is. Food, Service, Spar… The lot.
In conclusion, just go there!

Room Tip: We chose the Acala 1 Suite 5 day package, originally I looked at the LAYANA Room however for two peo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew Y

Reviewed October 18, 2012

What can I say, great location, great food, great staff and the spa treatments are fantastic.
I went to Gaia with a friend and had 2 nights of peace and relaxation.
I was in the layana room which was beautiful and had everything you would need.
The grounds and views are amazing.
And of course the food is superb.
I had several treatments in the spa which were amazing.
It is the right mix of activities and relaxation
I will be going back, soon I hope

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Perfect place to unwind, breathe and just "be". Great food, awesome staff and beautiful setting. We stayed 5 nights and loved every minute. A very special place. Oh and the spa. Fantastic!! If you are thinking about it. Book it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Lovely happy staff. We stayed 3 nights and feel amazingly rejuvenated in mind, body and spirit. Set in the beautiful Byron Bay hinterland they are always keeping things new. The food is so healthy and they cater for gluten free and vegan quite easily. We can't wait to go there again. Parting is difficult.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank MaroubraSunrise
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been to Gaia twice and it is the perfect place to relax and recalibrate. To arrive and then not have to worry about anything until you leave. The rooms are comfortable and the grounds are nice and quiet, plenty of space to go for a walk or relax by the pool. The staff are friendly and helpful and willing to do whatever they can to make sure your needs are catered for, especially Tim. The spa treatments are divine. No one is rushed or stressed. If you are on your own you usually meet great like minded people - there is a communal table to facilitate meeting at meals, also with the yoga and various activites. You can do everything or nothing. As a stressed professional, I highly recommend it if you need a week a way but travelling in itself is stressful - just arrive at Gaia and chill.

Room Tip: The rooms have all you need. I chose the Suri room for the bath - it is a standard bath but enough...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Nat M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My stay at Gaia is one of the best things I have done for myself (other than marry my husband and produce my 2 beautiful children).

When booking I was apprehensice as to what to expect but I must say I drove away from Gaia thinking "Wow, this place is amazing". I felt so at peace, so rejuvenated and so healthy.

The morning yoga, the amazing food, the Personal Trainer, all the friendly staff everywhere, all of the fantastic professional therapists in the Spa. I felt very blessed to have met these knowledgeable and passionate people and I have certainly come away with an abundance of information to continue on my trail to a happier and healthier me.

It seems expensive, especially compared to others but believe me even if you just do it once, you definitely should try this place. I stayed for 6 nights but I met many women who just came for 3 nights and felt great on the day they left.

Go on shout yourself, you deserve it and believe me you will not regret it!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tanyamrw
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Gaia was everything that we expected and more. Comfortable rooms, fabulous food, friendly staff, gorgeous surroundings, great treatments and activities. We stayed for two nights, and would definitely stay for three the next time we visit. We loved that you could do everything or nothing. The group activities were there if you wanted to participate, but they were not compulsory. The food was fresh and delicious and servings were generous. And the wine options were excellent too. We're coffee fans and while plunger coffee was available on request, we found great coffee at the Harvest Cafe in Newrybar just down the road. The facilities such as the spa and fitness centre were clean and well equipped. The grounds and the views were breathtaking. All in all a great stay for those who want a healthy and relaxing time away.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
Elements of Byron
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale
ecOasis Resorts
ecOasis Resorts
#1 of 1 in Uki

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!