My wife and I escaped from the pressure of living in Melbourne for a 5 night package. We chose the Acala 1 Suite 5 day package with a weight loss focus for myself. However after three days on Chicken, I was ecstatic when they offered me a steak for dinner. Whist everyone else eat fish I had my steak, real flexibility.
Upon arrival at Gold Coast Airport we were met on time by the very professional shuttle service. Our Drive was very knowledgeable and was a great introduction to the resort. Upon arrival we were met by the friendly and efficient crew and given some fresh fruit and iced tea.
After a discussion and a quick lunch we were shown to our room. The room was what I expected, renovated but not a glitzy marble encounter. We came here to relax not to be confronted with hard lines, and the room works well.
Dinner was amazing, I do not eat fish and as they generally do not serve meat I was left with a restricted choice, and my wife had put me on the weight loss focus, but was not let down by the chef who made even vegies exciting. However I was pleased to hear that I could change the menu as I wished. If I had not been on the weight loos I would have been able to ask for anything and they would have obliged. The food was at a 5 star standard.
The next day I was confronted with the problem that my wife’s glasses collapsed overnight. I spoke to Greg and he obliged me by simply saying, you are welcome to just take my car down to Bryon Bay and go to this Optometrist, I was overwhelmed by the personal service offered by Greg and his crew, a real tribute to management at the very highest level. Nothing was ever a problem for the crew and they are always there to help.
The Spar crew are at the highest, all experienced and well trained.
All I can say is if you surrender your life management (Food, exercise etc) to Greg and his crew from when you arrive until you leave and just concern yourself with just relaxing, you are in the very best hands.
This is the best in Australia for a reason, it is. Food, Service, Spar… The lot.
In conclusion, just go there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrender to the beauty and healing cultures of Gaia Retreat & Spa, nestled in the breathtaking Bundjalung Country hinterland of Byron Bay, Northern NSW Australia. Gaia is the perfect place to renew, refresh, and restore. Poised on the highest point in the shire and set on 25 acres, Gaia has 20 beautifully appointed retreat style bungalow villas set in the lush sub tropical gardens. This unique boutique property will seduce you into infinity with its endless views and beautiful vistas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Gaia Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaia Retreat Hotel Brooklet
- Gaia Retreat And Spa
- Gaia Retreat & Spa Australia/Brooklet