“WOW” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
sydney
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

What can I say, great location, great food, great staff and the spa treatments are fantastic.
I went to Gaia with a friend and had 2 nights of peace and relaxation.
I was in the layana room which was beautiful and had everything you would need.
The grounds and views are amazing.
And of course the food is superb.
I had several treatments in the spa which were amazing.
It is the right mix of activities and relaxation
I will be going back, soon I hope

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Perfect place to unwind, breathe and just "be". Great food, awesome staff and beautiful setting. We stayed 5 nights and loved every minute. A very special place. Oh and the spa. Fantastic!! If you are thinking about it. Book it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Lovely happy staff. We stayed 3 nights and feel amazingly rejuvenated in mind, body and spirit. Set in the beautiful Byron Bay hinterland they are always keeping things new. The food is so healthy and they cater for gluten free and vegan quite easily. We can't wait to go there again. Parting is difficult.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank MaroubraSunrise
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been to Gaia twice and it is the perfect place to relax and recalibrate. To arrive and then not have to worry about anything until you leave. The rooms are comfortable and the grounds are nice and quiet, plenty of space to go for a walk or relax by the pool. The staff are friendly and helpful and willing to do whatever they can to make sure your needs are catered for, especially Tim. The spa treatments are divine. No one is rushed or stressed. If you are on your own you usually meet great like minded people - there is a communal table to facilitate meeting at meals, also with the yoga and various activites. You can do everything or nothing. As a stressed professional, I highly recommend it if you need a week a way but travelling in itself is stressful - just arrive at Gaia and chill.

Room Tip: The rooms have all you need. I chose the Suri room for the bath - it is a standard bath but enough...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Nat M
gold coast australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My stay at Gaia is one of the best things I have done for myself (other than marry my husband and produce my 2 beautiful children).

When booking I was apprehensice as to what to expect but I must say I drove away from Gaia thinking "Wow, this place is amazing". I felt so at peace, so rejuvenated and so healthy.

The morning yoga, the amazing food, the Personal Trainer, all the friendly staff everywhere, all of the fantastic professional therapists in the Spa. I felt very blessed to have met these knowledgeable and passionate people and I have certainly come away with an abundance of information to continue on my trail to a happier and healthier me.

It seems expensive, especially compared to others but believe me even if you just do it once, you definitely should try this place. I stayed for 6 nights but I met many women who just came for 3 nights and felt great on the day they left.

Go on shout yourself, you deserve it and believe me you will not regret it!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tanyamrw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Gaia was everything that we expected and more. Comfortable rooms, fabulous food, friendly staff, gorgeous surroundings, great treatments and activities. We stayed for two nights, and would definitely stay for three the next time we visit. We loved that you could do everything or nothing. The group activities were there if you wanted to participate, but they were not compulsory. The food was fresh and delicious and servings were generous. And the wine options were excellent too. We're coffee fans and while plunger coffee was available on request, we found great coffee at the Harvest Cafe in Newrybar just down the road. The facilities such as the spa and fitness centre were clean and well equipped. The grounds and the views were breathtaking. All in all a great stay for those who want a healthy and relaxing time away.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara P
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just returned from a divine week at Gaia. The accommodation is comfortable and beautifully appointed. Yoga every morning conducted by well qualified, caring teachers followed by the best breakfast on the deck in the sun while I contemplate the treatments I am to enjoy that day. What a way to start a magical day! And this perfect day finished with a three course evening meal, a glass of superb organic rose', a chat with fascinating guests and snuggling down into my comfortable bed with a pot of herbal tea to sip and a good book to read from the Gaia library at 9.30 pm. Perfect!

The accommodation is great, the common areas are welcoming, the food is first class, the treatments are given by some of the best therapists I have experienced anywhere in the world. And the amazing people who make up the Gaia team are all sensational. I don't believe I have ever had the joy of meeting people so dedicated, professional, proactive, thoughtful and caring. The values of Gaia are imbued in the people who make up the Gaia team.

I will definitely be back and I highly recommend Gaia.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank marg000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklet
SummerHills Retreat Byron Bay
Victoria's at Ewingsdale
Victoria's at Ewingsdale
#1 of 2 in Ewingsdale
The Oasis Resort & Treetop Houses

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!