Mangapapa Hotel
Valdez Motor Lodge(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$91
$89
Apple Motor Inn(Hastings)
$51
Portmans Motor Lodge(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Hotwire.com
Fairmont Motor Lodge(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
Orbitz.com
The Magpie Motel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$63
$61
Agoda.com
Cherry Grove Motel(Havelock North)
Village Motel(Havelock North)
TripAdvisor
Porters Boutique Hotel(Havelock North)
TripAdvisor
Te Mata Lodge(Havelock North)
Angus Inn Hotel(Hastings)
  • Pool
All reviewshigh teacourse dinnernew zealandbeautiful groundsdegustation menuhawkes baydining experiencemain buildingsir jamesnew chefwine listseparate lounge areabeautiful hotelboutique hotelold treestrinity hillmanager david
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had the priveledge of staying in this Hotel and what a wonderful treat it was. They have bicycles you can use free of charge, a pool, a tennis court, lovely rooms which were kept very clean. You couldnt ask for a better staff. You can walk or bike around the property picking plums, pears, and apples from their orchards. I loved their wonderful front garden which we were able to use to have a wonderful bar-b-q catered by the Mangapapa. Great for weddings. Local pubs are just about a 5 minute drive into town. And again, the staff went above and beyond with any demands we might of had. Definitely a must stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Mangapapa, General Manager at Mangapapa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay here with us Laz. It really was a pleasure for us to see you all kick back, relax and enjoy some good old fashioned Hawke's Bay hospitality! Hope we'll see you all next time you make it to these shores.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We recently spent a night here whilst visiting the Hawkes Bay area and really enjoyed the, location and loved our accomodation. The staff were so helpful and friendly and if we had been able to would have stayed longer. We stayed in the Oxford room and the amentites were fantastic. Would stay here again without hesitation. This is an area we need to explore more, no idea how divine the Hawkes Bay area is.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mangapapa, General Manager at Mangapapa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Hello Catherine S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at Mangapapa, I am really pleased you enjoyed it. We look forward to looking after to you during your next visit to sunny Hawke's Bay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel on a very short notice, after being disappointed at another hotel we had chosen for our honeymoon. Moving to Mangapapa was the best decision we could have taken, it was everything we had expected for our honeymoon: beautiful boutique hotel with great service and great structure. It was an amazing experience! I'm glad they had availability.

• Stayed: November 2012

Hello MarianaPal,

Congratulations on your Wedding, may this be the beginning of a lifetime of love and happiness as you begin your exciting journey as husband and wife.

We are so pleased to be part of your wedding memories.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your stay here at Mangapapa and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights in the Cambridge Room. Beautiful grounds and lovely old buildings. Loved the 1951 Bentley. However, this meant listening to the couple staying upstairs running endless baths, stomping around and at 6am every morning bonking with the headboard hitting the wall. Not much sleep for our mini-break away. Minor but disappointing was the pool wasn't clean, spa is impossible to work and not very private, ceiling in our room peeling. I hate to say it but 5 star grounds and surrounds but in a 3 star hotel given the price.

Room Tip: not on the ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Russ.metge
Mangapapa, General Manager at Mangapapa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hello Russ.Metge,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at Mangapapa.

I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been.

Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer an upgraded room to you on a different floor had you made the staff aware of the problem, as we are aware that occasionally some of our guests can be loader than others.

You may also be interested to learn next year we will be having a full refurbishment of our deluxe suites. Included in this refurbishment is brand new guest room carpet and a much thicker underlay which we believe will soften any noise coming into your room. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back after our refurbishment is completed. so that you could experience the hotel as it was meant to be. Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to Hawke's Bay again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip was Enjoyable.

Catherine Hobbs-Turner

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was impressed. - met at my car door with a smile, carried my luggage to my room which was two hours early of check in. The grounds are well kept with stunning roses and gardens, the photos online do not give it justice at all, it is beautiful! The gym is small but has all the high end equipment you need for a good workout. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. When I returned from my wine tour staff came out to welcome me back and the turn down service with the truffle on the silver platter with an update on the next days weather was a nice touch. The wild rabbits and pukekos added to the charm of this place. This boutique hotel is faultless and I would recommend to all who are travelling around the Hawkes Bay - great location! Can't wait to return, next time with friends and family!

Room Tip: Grounds are expansive. Rooms are quiet and private. Some noise can be heard in the bathroom from upstairs if you're staying on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Mangapapa, General Manager at Mangapapa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Hello amkblackbetty,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Mangapapa.

I look forward to hosting you and your friends in the future.