“Great for groups”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.thepost.co.nz/
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had a great evening at the Post - pre dinner drinks at the bar beforehand - followed by their 3 course set menu; plenty of choice - I had the mussels, followed by the fish of the day , and then a vanilla tart.
The restaurant was warm and had a welcoming fire - and the menu offers great value $50 for 3 courses
We will be back.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Was recently in Havelock North and found this great restaurant "The Post". Paul - who we found out was the owner - seated us and looked after us very well. We had the beautiful scallops as an entree and they were just divine - I had the ravioli as my main and it was so good, cooked perfect and the blue vein sauce was not over powering. Partner had steak which he said was cooked exactly right - med rare - so he was very happy. Great value for money and the restaurant has a lovely intimate atmosphere. We will definately be back! Thanks for the great food and service.

1  Thank Karen J
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went with a group of friends, some from visitors from overseas - a party of nine. Everyone ordered something different and there was good diversity on the menu. The meals were a nice size, not too big nor too small. Prices around about $25-$34 for a main ... I think. I had the Moroccan lamb which had a lovely balance of flavours - not overwhelming which was good. The chocolate dessert was beautiful. The atmosphere was warm and inviting (a little too warm at first with the fire, but this was soon put to rights). All and all a beautiful meal with good service. I would recommend.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Arrived after 9pm after a 4 hour drive dealing with lots of very bright lights and monstrous logging trucks.Not many people dining on this friday night so we had some hesitation in entering but were glad that we did.I had a very tender park dish with a mustard mash and my wife also enjoyed her loin of Lamb.The desserts were also very enjoyable.We probably would have eaten there on the Sunday if the restaurant had been open but had to settle for a thai restaurant just around the corner.
Very pleasant staff and resonably priced and good local wine-halo chardonnay from Sacred Hill winery

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Friends and family had told me that we must eat at The Post when we visited the Hawkes Bay Region so on my recent visit from Brisbane, I looked it up. From the moment we stepped inside we were not dissappointed. I was greeted by the manager (Paul) and taken to our table. The waitress (I think her name was Lucy?) was very attentive and had a beautiful smile and persona. The food was delicious.... I had lamb and couscous with vegetables...so beautifully cooked and succulent! My friend had duck....equally succulent. The prices were extremely competitive considering other restaurants in the area. We could not fault the service or the food. The restaurant was full while we were thete and there seemed to be an air of contentment. We were served in a timel manner and left the restsurant feeling extremely satisfied. Definately recommended.