This is a stunning resort. The buildings, gardens, pools, beach, ground, lagoon, lobby, etc.. are all gorgeous. Everything is well maintained and kept up. Its over an hour drive from the airport, which can be a lot after a long flight...
The food was okay at the buffets and excellent at the reserved restaurants. One of our companions went to reserve dinner early every morning (you have to go early, or they're all spoken for). Having said that, we all got a stomach bug, which I was able to deal with, but a couple of our friends were down and out for about a day.
The beach right at the resort is nice, but very rocky, swiming here is almost not possible. Not a big deal, because you reserve a shuttle which takes you to a private beach club about a 1/2 hours drive away. This is neat because you see a bit of countryside at the same time.
The beach club is beautiful, the water is gorgeous, they have a bar there (with a good bartender) , small restaurant,small pool and hammocks, volleyball, surfing, etc.. we spent two days there and loved it.
We brought our 4 year old, and there were lots of activities and fun things for her to do at the beach club and the kids club at the resort, she loved it.
The bartenders at the main resort were all lousy, they ignored people (even those who were good tippers), screwed up orders, spilled stuff, sometimes couldn't understand or pretended not to understand. This was odd, considering everything else on the resort was quite good. This was very irritating, and I felt they needed training, BIG TIME.
There was lineups at the main pool bar stretching for 100 feet at times, the bar was understaffed during peak hours and when it was adequately staffed, they still screwd up constantly.
I don't let a couple of downfalls slow me down, and overall we had a blast. Would definetely go to a royal decameron again, but maybe not this one, mostly because of the long drive from the airport, I would love to try the one in Panama.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Salvadorian Pacific Coast 90 km from the capital, San Salvador, the Pan American Highway, covering an area of 270,000 m2 with a mile of beach front. The Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel offers a fantastic Mayan flavored all-inclusive vacation experience. Located on El Salvador's Pacific coast, just 50 minutes away from San Salvador, Royal Decameron Salinitas borrows from the Salvadorian culture and its colorful architecture as the art using many Mayan statues distributed throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean; spend time in any of our four fresh water pools, or even in the spectacular salt water pool filled daily by the ocean tides while taking advantage of our all-inclusive drinks at any of our four distinctive bars. When the guests are not taking the Central American sun and they want more action, they are invited to join the fun with our professional activities staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Salinitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Decameron El Salvador
- Decameron El Hotel Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas San Salvador
- Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel
- Salinitas Decameron
- Royal Decameron Salinitas El Salvador
- Decameron San Salvador
- Decameron Salinitas El Salvador