“Very nice property!”

Royal Decameron Salinitas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sonsonate
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a large group at this resort and we really enjoyed it. The food and entertainment were really great. I especially liked the a la carte seafood restaurant and the massages were also really nice.

3  Thank Annvoyager
Write a ReviewReviews (2,122)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our first time visiting the resort. We had a great time. We were traveling from San Miguel so we had a 4 hour drive. Nonetheless, the time spent at the resort was nice. The check in process is a bit weird. The rooms, however, are spacious and clean. The kids loved the pool, and I really enjoyed the salt water pool. I do have to agree with other though; the food could be better. The daily night show is awesome, and the night club is pretty good itself also.

2  Thank LuvTravel14_1
Reviewed August 6, 2013

There were 11 of us and got stuck in two rooms! my brand new camera got stolen and after filing a report it magically appeared, don't get fooled by the all you can eat buffet, they do measure the food you eat, its the same food everyday and if you are not up at 7 am to book reservations for the a la cart restaurants, you are stuck having the same for dinner. I think people are overworked and not well paid, therefore they don't care about the service they provide. I cannot remember one friendly face! Training is highly needed.
As of me, that was it; 3 times and I'm out!

4  Thank Xiomara R
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews below, I feel compelled to respond. My family and I stayed at the DeCameron for our second year in a row, this past March 2013, for 3 weeks. We had a wonderful time. The staff were extremely helpful and professional in all of our interactions with them. However, I did find the behavior of many of my Canadian countrymen/women, American and Europeans to be extremely rude and demanding. Although I too share that North American/European sense of entitlement, I found the rudeness of these individuals to be unacceptable and embarrassing and commend the staff of the DeCameron Resorts, including the management team, for their professionalism and tolerance in dealing with such behavior.

As many of us who use modern technology are aware, things can go wrong and we can't always have our own way with television when we want it. Luckily for those of us who stayed at the resort in March of this year, all went well with signals and weather and those who were interested were able to watch some exciting sports action and those of us who were not interested in this, found other things to do, which included going to our room or even walking/swimming on the beach which is something we all paid for - seeing as the resort is at the beach and not a soccer field. Further, there is a language barrier - the staff speak Spanish and most of the guests I noticed, including myself and my family speak our own languages, making no effort to learn words in the language of our host country. The inability to communicate on both sides should not be misconstrued as rude, rather just an inability to communicate. I highly recommend the resort and staff.

Tracy Gagnon-Kellar

Room Tip: I have stayed facing the ocean on both visits and would suggest ocean facing rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
19  Thank Tracy G
Reviewed July 23, 2013

As many have commented, the resort is beautiful BUT the service, the employees and the food destroy the place. 90% of the employees need some training with customer service including the General Manager. A group of us (Amercan, Salvadorean and Europeans) were sitting at the bar by the pool wiating for the Soccer game (El Salvador versus USA) and we were told that they were not going to put it on. Many went to talk to the GM and were told there was no signal for that channel HOWEVER, they could view it in their rooms!!! My point is if all of us paid to be at the beach why would we want to go to our rooms when the plasma TV is located at the bar?? This just proved to me that he couldn't care less about the customers. This on top of of the food quality, rude employees AND terrible food I will never return again. For the same amount of money I recommend Excellencia in Santo Domingo, you are treated like a king and queen and the food, employees and beauty of the resort are a 100 times better.

8  Thank pwilson123
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband, son, and nephew decided to come to spend 7 days at the hotel because the first time we came they trapped us into buying time share. Since we have paid a lot of money to be part of the society we planned to come here and have a good time.
It turns out that they have gotten worse in customer service and what is worse the managers think they are the owners when asked to give some attention and courtesy they respond by showing how ignorant and uneducated they are and abuse their position. in addition when giving them suggestions to better treat their members because they treat people as if they are nothing, humiliating them and treating them as if they are begging for a favor.
We will never come back to this hotel they have ruined our vacation, although we live in the USA for more than25 years we are from this country and love to come back to visit our family, our people are hard working but the managers are not educated and treat them like slaves.

Please don't spend your money coming to this hotel you will have nothing but negativity at every turn. Keep your money go somewhere else.

8  Thank Mabel Roxana V
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at this very nice resort for 7 nights this month, the resort is very nice and clean, with beautiful views and a very nice and safe beach. The only down side of this place is the food and the service especially at the buffet. most of the employees are very rude, and you have to wait a long time just to get a glass of water or wait in line for a long time just to get an omelette or Pupusas. I think they need to hire more people and retrain them in customer service, in how important is to make every paying customer feel welcome and comfortable. I hope they take care of this issue so we could come back in the future.
Thanks

9  Thank orlandogonzalez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonsonate
HOTEL JUAYUA
#9 of 13 in Concepcion de Ataco
Santa Leticia
Santa Leticia
#1 of 3 in Apaneca

Been to Royal Decameron Salinitas? Share your experiences!