I just returned from my vacation this morning. This resort was beautiful! It was so well kept, had beautiful pools, and the staff were amazing. The rooms were basic, you either got a king sized bed, or two double beds and a futon type thing. Every room looks onto the ocean. There were so many pools and they were all well kept and clean. Honestly, I do not know what the couple negative comments are about. If you do not have high expectations, and just want a nice relaxing place, this resort and vacation will well exceed your expectations. The weather was beautiful, 35+ everyday with little to no clouds. All rooms are air conditioned which is a nice way to escape the heat for a bit. The ocean at the resort is not the greatest, there is volcanic rocks to ward off some of the large waves that would come in. They do have a bus which costs $2 per person that will take you to a mini resort they own which has a beautiful beach. They also provide lunch and drinks as well as beach games, etc.
They have so many excursions to choose from. My boyfriend and I chose the Buggie Safari. We got to take these mini go carts up a dead volcano. It was awesome! We saw some beautiful sights. Our tour guide was also amazing, her name was Veronica.
The only problem I had was the nightly entertainment. A majority of people that visit this resort are from Guatemala and Honduras so their entertainment is done mostly in Spanish. It wasn't too hard to follow along, but it gets a little boring not understanding what was happening.
The a la cartes were AWESOME. The food was so so good. The buffets were alright, they had a different selection every day which was nice.
Overall, I had an amazing time. I would definitely go back to this resort, especially for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Salvadorian Pacific Coast 90 km from the capital, San Salvador, the Pan American Highway, covering an area of 270,000 m2 with a mile of beach front. The Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel offers a fantastic Mayan flavored all-inclusive vacation experience. Located on El Salvador's Pacific coast, just 50 minutes away from San Salvador, Royal Decameron Salinitas borrows from the Salvadorian culture and its colorful architecture as the art using many Mayan statues distributed throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean; spend time in any of our four fresh water pools, or even in the spectacular salt water pool filled daily by the ocean tides while taking advantage of our all-inclusive drinks at any of our four distinctive bars. When the guests are not taking the Central American sun and they want more action, they are invited to join the fun with our professional activities staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Salinitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Decameron El Salvador
- Decameron El Hotel Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas San Salvador
- Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel
- Salinitas Decameron
- Royal Decameron Salinitas El Salvador
- Decameron San Salvador
- Decameron Salinitas El Salvador