“...ok”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sonsonate
Los Angeles, California
“...ok”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel rooms are big, we had a view to the ocean and were on the second floor away from the noise. beds are OK...they do the job i guess. FOOD!!! man this wast the worst!!!! i think HomeTown Buffet is better!!! enough said...Pools are beautiful big! beach....not so good...i expected more!!! i guess once you go to cancun you will always expect more...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank j0rge23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Czech first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is not your usual 5 star carribean resort; would be more like a 3+ resort. Check-in and check-out went smoothly. Food was OK, although it gets to taste all the same after 5 days. Room was on ground floor and well cleaned every day. Free bikes but they are very old. The pools at extreme end of site are just as big and with lots less people. Drinks were watered down. I personally loved the inside sea water pool (had never seen one like that before). It is very big and very few people go. I walked approximately 10-15 minutes farther on the beach as the waves were better there. Felt good to hear less english and more spanish. Definately do the volcano tour, well worth it. Also did doom buggy and waterfall tour. Worth it but you can throw away your clothes afterwards 'cause you will be dirty believe you me. The tour guides definately go out of their way to make your trip memorable. Ours even purchased stamps for us during the week on his time off work and did a special trip to bring them to us before we took the bus to the airport. All in all this trip was worry-free and well-worth the inexpensive price for a great getaway from work whirlwind.

Room Tip: Rooms at either end are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Travel69alot
London
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ok. I stayed here on business as it was close to where I needed to go. The noise was utterly atrocious every night I stayed here (4). Lots of loud idiots with microphones roaring on the drunken masses. The drinks are cheap and rubbish. The food is utterly rubbish. Its difficult to differentiate between the food served at the booked restaurants (excitement) and the buffet. I would be raging if I came here on holiday. The rooms are clean but super average.

All that said it was relatively cheap so you get what you pay for. Very isolated though and its labourious to get offsite, back on and to deal with the site security guards.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Businesstravellerr8

Travelers are raving about these Sonsonate hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We spent a week here in Feb. 2012. This is a large, sprawling resort that is a long bus ride from the airport. There is nothing else nearby but there are tours to villages, volcanoes etc. I forget if the tours were put on by Nolitours or by the resort. I went on a half-day tour to some villages, should have taken more cash as there were many handicrafts available for sale. The resort has a bus that goes to a beautiful private beach a few times each day where there is a swimming pool, bar/buffet, and other activities besides the beach. Check in was awkward for us as my husband wasn't able to walk very far in the heat but they insisted that he come in person for his wrist band and the lines were long. The did have shuttles to the various restaurants however and we were able to get a ground floor room near the buffet restaurant. The food was about what we'd expect for an all-inclusive resort and there was always plenty of it. Sunsets here are not to be missed!!

Room Tip: Try to get a ground floor room looking out on the pool as these have a small patio with chairs.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Grandypink
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Went on a family vacation on August 7th-12th, 2012 where we experienced one of our best vacations ever. The room was perfect, the food was delicious and bars go the extra mile especially with "Nestor". At breakfast time, we couldn't get better service from "Adrian". Dinner time was amazing, we had many choices and it was very easy to make reservations. We went for a walk in the facilities and we rode bicycles. We danced and played volleyball in the swimming pool with the super animation from "Enrique" whom also took us to COSTA AZUL where we met Luis and Rosa. The service at Costa Azul was also amazing. We can't wait to go back to DECAMERON SALINITAS!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
18 Thank Walter B
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here in January 2011 , we had a very nice time. No complaints about the rooms or service, the entertainment show was really fun when they got ppl to dance. The lack of english was cool, its nice to be exposed to different cultures. I really liked the beach that you take the bus too, the waves were amazing and I never had so mch fun in the water. The food was really good also. I think more people should stay in El Salvador as it is a really cool country with an interesting culture, and it is not so mainstream such as dominican,cuba. I will definately come back one day. Oh and the one guy on the bus to the resort, it was his 4th or 5th time back to the resort,he absolutely loves it. So that gave me a good impression right away. Oooh and the volcano climbing tour was really cool, definately a must do!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
20 Thank Lund88
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Rooms were ok but not up to standard for a 5 star resort. Bathroom was still dirty when we checked in and it was debatable wether the sheets have been changed. The lobby hung up on me when they realized I didn't speak Spanish. Making reservations for the restaurants required for us to get up at 7 am and walk over to the lobby. We couldn't just call. Food at buffets was ok, nothing special. Enjoyed the beach and pools. The club only plaid the local music. We also had a very unpleasant experience at the office in San Salvador where we booked the trip. Staff was rude and ignored me for 20 minutes while helping customers that arrived after me. After threatening to file a complaint with the manager the receptionist stated in very good English that she simply didn't see me sitting in front of her desk. Wouldn't recommend. Find a better place for the money.

• Stayed July 2012
12 Thank Sgr21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonsonate
Hotel Alicante Montana
#11 of 49 in San Salvador
Atami Escape Resort
Atami Escape Resort
#1 of 2 in Tamanique

Been to Royal Decameron Salinitas? Share your experiences!