“Remarkable Service!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Elmsdale B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Remarkable Service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

After arriving on a delayed flight at 3:00 a.m., the host of Briarwood was waiting up to greet us and help us settle into our room. We couldn't believe how kind he was to a pair of very weary travelers. We got a great night's rest and enjoyed a delicious breakfast the next morning too. He was extremely accommodating and drove us back to the airport the next day to get our rental car. This Bed and Breakfast is extremely close to the airport and will not disappoint you! Hospitality at it's best!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CityGal31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

During a recent trip to Nova Scotia, unexpected travel plans brought us to Elmsdale in need of a place to spend the night. We dearly love B & B's and were hoping to be able to stay at Briarwood. Unfortunately for us, they were fully booked not only for that night but for most of the remaining year and into 2011. After seeing the place and being inside with the owner, we were disappointed in not being able to stay at such a beautiful place. The owner is truly in the right vocation, as he went out of his way to call another B & B in the area for us to stay at, only to find it also booked. He then called a hotel at the Hailfax airport and reserved a beautiful room for us at a great rate! This worked out perfectly for us as we flew out the next afternoon. If we are ever in the area again, believe me I will schedule a stay at Briarwood B & B way in advance! This man is the best and his B & B is beautiful and spotlessly clean. Thank you kind sir!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marsha34748
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

Wonderful B&B. We had a late arrival at Halifax Airport, and then short drive to Briarwood, which is in Elmsdale. The house is beautiful, yet comfortable, without feeling over-done. Bed was super comfortable, with great linens. This was one of the nicest B&B's on our trip. Wish we would have had more time to enjoy it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

I have to thank the other reviewers on trip advisor who helped to convince me to book here. We stayed the first night of our Nova Scotia vacation and we are so glad we did! This was my favourite place that we stayed in the maritimes! (well, Dunlop Inn in Baddeck was pretty close too) but I have to say that Briarwood was such a great B&B I just loved it!

We pulled up and it was just a gorgeous property- very cute but also a luxurious sprawling property it's hard to believe it's a B&B and not a country club. When I saw the "backyard" and saw how far out it goes it took my breath away. We only stayed one night but had we stayed longer we would have taken advantage of the spacious grounds and spent more time sitting out just enjoying the peace and quiet and nature. We did sit out after dinner in the dark and watched the fireflies. We also loved his two adorable and playful german shephards who greeted us when we pulled up, then later sat patiently in Con's golf cart waiting for him to take them for a ride. I should have taken a picture it was pretty cute.

The room was beautiful- the whole house is so beautiful- and very comfortable. Breakfast was yummy and served on such a beautifully set dining room table- we had the room to ourselves- it feels like the most luxurious meal of the day- it was bacon, eggs, and toast with yogurt and banana bread on the table- plus different juices and coffee or tea. Con, the owner, is a really great guy. He has a good sense of humour and he cares about you feeling happy and comfortable. He's very easy-going and we both liked him a lot. Laura, (his staff) made the breakfast in the morning and she was great too we loved chatting with her and thought she was wonderful.

It's hard to remember all the thoughtful details here- there were so many so trust the reviews and book now! Con made us a map when we got in to explain our dining options in the area. We ate at Bitar's (very nice) and I had delicious pasta there and great service.

I have absolutely no complaints and when we go back to Nova Scotia we are definitely going to stay here again- probably for a couple of nights when we get in and on our last night before we leave.

I'd also like to note that of the 8 b&b's we stayed at in the maritimes, Briarwood was the best in terms of calling to book the reservation. Con was so nice on the other end of the phone, and I booked, then called to confirm I got the right date, then cancelled, then re-booked, then accidently sent him another e-mail to confirm I got the right date- (ugh I was so disorganized!) but if I was driving him crazy he never let on. He's just great.

Briarwood was definitely a favourite for me. :) Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

Read the reviews! There isn't much I can add to all the praises! Con, Rose, and Laura are wonderful! The house is beautifully decorarated, the huge landscaped lawn is breath-taking, the beds are extra comfy, the breakfast is delicious and the hospitality was the greatest. My husband and I stayed one night when we got to Halifax (it's close to the airport) and returned a week later for another night before returning home. And I couldn't wait to get back to my Briarwood "home". Every other place I stayed, didn't even compare to Briarwood. Thank you Con and Rose for all your help. Laura, good luck to you.
Andy and Cindy

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

Beautiful home, very elegant, wonderful host, superb location, particularly to get to the airport fast. Very gnerous host allowing access to Internet and even free phone call back to the U.S.!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

If you're looking for a place to stay near the Halifax airport, this is it. The home is a wonderful old farmhouse with all the modern upgrades and Con is a very congenial host who made us feel very welcome. The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed that made our 2-night stay a great start to our vacation and thanks to Laura, the breakfasts were a great start to our days. Con directed us to a couple of restaurants nearby that offered good food at reasonable prices (the fish & chips from the Hot Spot were great). He also gave us directions to a nice drive around the Bay of Fundy, although we somehow managed to make a wrong turn but it just meant we did the tour backwards and got to drive back on the water side. The grounds are extensive with a couple of sitting areas, a pergola, and a pond where the bullfrogs are very vocal! A great setting for a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmsdale
ALT Hotel Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Quality Inn Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

Been to Briarwood Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!