“Best Bread I've had in my life!”

The Tourist Trap Shoppe Cafe Guest House
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Tourist Trap is situated in a beautiful historic home that sits on the Musquodoboit Harbour. With only a 30 minute drive from Halifax you are sure to enjoy the many attractions The Marine drive has to offer; Martinique beach (5 km of sand and ocean), Musquodoboit trail way, Fishermen's Life Museum and Clam Harbour Beach to mention a few. Our Guest house offers three comfortable rooms. All with 100% cotton sheets, and air conditioning. The rooms share a four piece bathroom and a common room offering complementary coffee, microwave, fridge, and TV, DVD player. For more information click on the room links.
Calgary, Canada
“Best Bread I've had in my life!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I just happened to stop by the gift shop here on my way to Halifax. I hadn't had breakfast, so I decided to check out the restaraunt. I'm so glad I did. The food was very fresh, the eggs bright sunny yellow and very flavorful, the coffee was perfect and OMG the bread. It was flavored gently with herbs, toasted lightly to bring out the flavor and to die for! The service was great and friendly. I'm happy I stopped by here.

• Visited July 2012

Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Place to Eat!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

On our way to East Jeddore for a two week stay, stopped in for breakfast on our first morning! A awesome surprise, fishcakes on the menu! Most excellent change to the normal breakfast, or should I say, addition too!
Dropped in a couple of other times for coffee but couldn't get out without having a cinnamon bun too.
Staff and owner were great people to chat with and to find out about the area.
Keep up the great work, looking forward to our next visit!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Fudgeeo
Edmonton, Canada
“stayed here for a night”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way to Halifax. I had booked ahead and found I was the only one staying overnight. The room I had was a good size, clean and decorated in a shabby chic way (charming). The bathroom is not private and there is a 'living room' with a tv, small fridge, and coffee maker. It was small but cozy and comfy. Breakfast is included with the price of the room and you get to choose from any item from the menu. My choice was the French toast maked from homemade bread. It was two large slices of a savory bread, which I thought was unusual for a sweet item. It was ok and a very plain presentation, no garnish. Would I stay here again? Maybe. The cafe I don't think I can really comment on other than the breakfast. The little shoppe that is incorporated is cute and has some really nice things in it.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank cobalt753
Truro, Canada
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stumbled upon this cafe by chance as unfortunately ( or fortunately for us) the signs and mileage pointing to this cafe are somehow incorrect. We thought that we have missed it so were pleasantly surprised to find it and IT WAS WORTH IT!. The cafe is small but cozy and quaint, the service was excellent. The cakes freshly baked on the day (soooo delicious), tasty coffee and a friendly smile.. what else can you ask for? We loved it and will certainly return and try their dinners!!!!! That's a trap....

• Visited October 2011
Halifax
“Nice Sunday drive spot”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have stopped here a few times on a weekend drive. Nice folks that run it and very good home cooked food. They pay attention to ingredients.

1 Thank HalifaxTravelin