“Nicely furnished room”

Ranked #1 of 1 Wath B&B and Inns
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Nicely furnished room”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

It was great to have a single room with a double bed. The room was small but adequate with a high standard of decoration. I had to leave very early in the morning so was not able to experience breakfast. I was woken very early by tractors passing on the road, my room was at the front of the pub.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Having just returned from a fatastic weekend at a family wedding I thought it only right to complement the venue. The George at Wath is a credit to its owners and the staff who work in it. A quaint little place where good old fashioned country pub meets modern expectations with excellent service and a very friendly team that went above and beyond to ensure the bride and groom had all thier needs met. The accommadation meets all the needs of any visitor and i'm sure if there is something you want that isn't there just ask and it will be found. A special mention to Mandy - you are doing a great job!

Room Tip: All rooms are great but you'll have no mobile phone service anywhere and it is a bit out in the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
east yorkshire
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A stunning bed and breakfast set in a beautiful village, the accomodation was everything me and my family had hoped it would be and more! Friendly staff, extremely child friendly and the best food we had tasted for a long time....cant wait to return....thank you for a great stay!x

Room Tip: The family room was beautiful, stylish, spotless and very comfy beds.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have visited this pub several times now with friends. We are all 'locals' and on each occasion we have been made to almost beg them to serve us food. Each time we have been, we are told they are expecting a large party in, (which never turn up) so they'll have to check if they can squeeze us in. The place has been practically empty, yet they made us feel grateful they could fit us in. I don't understand, you either want customers, or you don't. If the latter, you'll not last long in these parts. Just look at the pub in Melmerby to see what being unwelcoming to the locals has done! However, when we did actually get our food it has been lovely.

Stayed August 2012
3 Thank To the manor bo... B
YorkshireTraveller72, Owner at The George at Wath, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your review, i am sorry to hear that you have been left with the feeling that we do not want your custom....quite the opposite. As you will appreciate if you have visited on several occassions, we are a small team and our menu and the food we offer is not 'fast food' and so we try where possible to stagger the timings of our tables so as not to overload the kitchen nor the front of house staff.... Purely in the hope of delivering a better experience and more attentive service for all.

What might appear as quiet, can infact still be busy in the kitchen if only 1 of our chefs happens to be working due to days off etc, plus if we are expecting diners whom have pre booked tables, we need to consider the possible implications of squeezing additional people in.
We certainly strive to be friendly and welcoming to all our customers, local or not, as the majority of our previous reviews stand testament to. Perhaps in the future if you plan to pop in for dinner, it might be an idea to give us a quick call. That way we would be able to set the right expectations regards availability of a table.

I am pleased to hear that despite all, you enjoyed your food.

Please know that we take feedback very seriously. Our goal has always been to give to the village the kind of pub we would want in our village. Local or not, If you have further grievances, please feel comfortable approaching either myself or my manager to discuss in person to allow us the opportunity to try and rectify.
Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Myself and partner had a meal here and the food was to die for, the staff are very friendly and have a 'can do attitude' nothing was too much trouble for them. It was so good that i recommended it to my parents who came with a couple of friends, all of which loved the food and the look of the pub.
It was so good that I have actually booked to have my wedding reception here next year and I cannot wait! Anything I have wanted, or suggested has been met to my full expectations, both Mandy and Amanda have been so very helpful and have even put in suggestions that will better my day, I have even been known to email at 10pm and I've always had a response almost immediately......fantastic customer service!!
Nothing is too much trouble for this team of staff and I am so very excited to have my wedding reception here next year :-)

Stayed May 2012
uk
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Fab home cooked and locally sourced food - more than a step up from pub grub. Comfortable and nicely refurbed room. A lovely 2 night stay came to a disappointing ending at check-out. The breakfast waitress seemed to be left in charge. She hadn't enough knowledge or training to deal with bills that were wrong. It took an age to sort it out and lots of apologies. I felt sorry for her - there should surely have been someone on hand who could deal with this. I emailed the George to comment on this experience but received no reply.

Room Tip: Ask for your bill the evening before leaving to avoid the morning checkout!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Booked superior room. Very clean and comfortable. Dinner in restaurant very well prepared and overall very high standard. Friendly staff. Nice quiet little village.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wath
The Old Deanery
#1 of 1 in North Stainley
Blackamoor Inn
Blackamoor Inn
#7 of 19 in Ripon

Been to The George at Wath? Share your experiences!