“Great Home Cooking”
Review of The Kaleden Restaurant - CLOSED

The Kaleden Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This restaurant is located south of Penticton, BC about 10kms. Been around for ob=ver a year. Home made pies....to die for.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Home Cooking”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We have driven past the Kaleden Restaurant on the highway too many times without stopping in and finally corrected that mistake tonight! We truly enjoyed the atmosphere and the home cooking. My daughter had the pasta with chicken and loved it, while my wife and I both had the roast sirloin special. Everything was great, and the homemade pies with ice cream for dessert finished off our meal perfectly.

We will certainly be going back again. We sat out on the covered patio with the view of Skaha Lake. Just a light breeze from the lake was enough to make the temperature just right for an evening summer meal.

Chilliwack, Canada
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were out with some friends and we stopped in for lunch. This place was great! Very good menu and the staff ( one of the owners) was very accommadinting with the lunch special and the wine list included some great local Wineries. We have seen this restaurant on hwy 97 south for Years and always wanted to stop in ! Very glad we did and will be back.other great fact is that it has been gaming run for more than 40 years! This suggest a lot about the great quality and consistency.

• Visited August 2014
Penticton, Canada
“Friendly cozy atmosphere plus great food”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I've lived in the Penticton area for 7 years and visited this restaurant for the first time on Sunday morning for breakfast. We had company from out of town and decided to give it a try as I had heard good things about it. My first impression as I walked through the very welcoming entrance was wow, I didn't expect this. I was immediately greeted in a very friendly and smiling manner by a gentleman who quickly helped us to a seat outside the back of the restaurant to a hidden covered deck. I had no idea there was outdoor seating. There were three other couples outside and all of them were commenting on the great breakfast. The special of the day was Eggs Benedict...and it was yummy. Service was prompt and friendly and appeared to be provided by brothers. Anyway they looked like brothers. Everything was good or great. The only exception would be the OJ. It seemed to be made from a frozen concentrate. The seating was comfortable and spacious. The air conditioner for the restaurant is located below and to the side of the deck. We noticed it when it came on but it did not detract from our wonderful meal or the very pleasant setting. I highly recommend this cozy casual spot for some true home made fare. We will go back over and over now that we have discovered this little special spot.

4 Thank ehBitz
Penticton, Canada
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have been wanting to try this Restaurant for some time. We went for Breakfast on Sunday AM, we all had the Eggs Benny. It was very tasty. Great service and we left there feeling quite satisfied. Small Restaurant with a small Patio which we quite liked.

1 Thank like2travelplaces
Flippin, Arkansas
“Great home cooking!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant many times, and always enjoyed the food, service, and deck view. This time we had them cater a baron of beef for a private party. Most excellent!! Meat was tender and flavorful. Everyone attending the party was very impressed with the high quality of meat. I highly recommend this restaurant for your catering needs, or to go and enjoy a delicious home cooked meal. Great fruit pies made from scratch with local fruit.