Sunconnect Sea World Resort & Spa
Lyra Resort & Spa(Kizilagac)(Great Value!)
$138
Club Nena(Manavgat)
$158
$153
TripAdvisor
All reviewsanimation teamturkeykids buffetreception staffsnack barhotel roommini clubevery eveningcocksgermanspoolsslidesayaentertainmentdutchpebblesmajority
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have just spend a week on this great hotel. Great design and very clean but especially the staff was very kind and service minded.
On my wife's birthday the hotel manager came with a birthday cake with candles, and the staff came with fruit to our room and to plates, that's service.
We had a great week together with our children.

Per Hartvig

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Per H
seaden h, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Sunconnect Sea World Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Dear guests

We would like to thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoy your holiday in SunConnect Sea World.
We hope we see you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visited this resort in September 2012 and spent there one week wih my nephews.
I have been to a number of 5*hotels/resorts but honestly, this one is should be at a bottom of a long waiting list to deserve even 4*. My stay was rather a disappointment. Especially for the fact that it was meant to be a special treat for my nephews and it turned out to be just a bad experience to learn from.

The resort is rather huge with many facilities and also with a number of all kind of acitivities. At the first glance the place looks like very well kept but the closer you get the more you see a lot of insufficiency. Although our room was not clean spotlessly just as I am used for 5* hotels, it didnt bother us that much. What did drive us mad us was the number of times our magnetic room card/key didnt work and we had to make our back and forths from one end to another to get a new one. This itself would not be a problem if you would not have to queue at the reception to be served and hoping there would be no local Turkish to be taken advantage of being local and most important, if the staff at the reception were flexible or willing or at least would speak good English. None ot that! During our stay we had a number of requests addressed to the receptionists and towards the end of our stay I just resigned to avoid myself from dealing with them. Staff in the resort in general were not friendly nor willing to help as you would expect from 5* hotel staff.

Despite our intention to locate ourselves on the beach for an easy access to the sea we ended up spending almost the entire time by the pool as the beach was full of sharp stones and the sea was not calm enough to swim in with an 8-year old. Also, the access into the sea was very deep and water rather dirty than clear. But we enjoyed staying by the pool, never had a problem getting sun beds. There are more pools in the resort and honestly, this was the only pros. The only problem I had in relation to pools was the switch-back area. I would expect a non-stop lifeguard duty at such a spot and constant care of the area between the pool and access to the stairway which was constantly wet and slippery. I have seen a number of falls and had a hard time letting my 8-year old to get on it again after he fell and hit his head. To me, this spot has some serious hazardous safety issues.

Food was a separate chapter of disappointment! When you first walk in the restaurant you feel amazed by the amount and colors of the food...until you have a few day experience and get tired of eating the same food because your desired change is limited. The variety of food was poor. Lots of it was very salty, most of the meat tasted the same. I really hated when people let their children serve their own plates without supervising them. Once you see what they do, you are done with your eating! The restaurants were always crowded and very noisy. It felt like eating at canteen. The level of dining was so very low – we never got to sit at a clean table. Glassware? I had an issue to drink from their glasses before wiping them out. Many times we got chipped glasses. Honestly, this was the first and so far the only time we disliked going for meal on our vacation and once in the restaurant, we only made the necessary time to get something to eat and rushed away. Really, can not say a good word about this part.

If you are ono of those who try to stay fit and like working out at gym, dont even count on a possibility to carry on while there...unless you dont mind smelly premisses with dirty carpet and sticky equipment!
Unfortunately...

This place really needs a lot of hard work if they want to please people who seek for a real 5*resort to get what they expect and pay for!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Silvia R

Dear guests,

We would like to thank you for your review. We are not happy that you dont enyoing your holiday. But i think everybody

Sea World resort & Spa

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Like I said, I`ve seen worse top class hotels. This one seems to be fairly new, well maintained, not ultimately clean maybe. Has a couple of restaurants and snack bars and they serve great food.
Big indoor pool and two outdoor ones. Minute walk to the beach. Don`t expect location in a heart of a city. Be aware that you won`t spend a quiet, romantic holiday there - with this size of a hotel there`s always some noise outside or in the corridors. But this is only one mainly disadvantage.
Would recommend it for a family holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sprt

Dear guests

We hope we see you again.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We spent one week as a family holiday in Sea World Resort and Spa and were greatly disappointed. The staff at the entrance as well as the reception was very unwelcoming and rude. The staff was unhappy to provide any information let alone treat guests like in a 5 Star Hotel.

We were rudely and agressively approached by the security at the entrance of the hotel and felt almost threathened.

What was planned as an enjoyable family holiday turned out to be a frustrating week with staff that was unkind.

The cleanliness of the hotel was also only average. This is not a 5 Star hotel but only a 3 star hotel. The staff urgently needs customer service training!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Sam R

Sea World resort & Spa

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly
I have trying to figure out if I should give 3 or 4 points to this hotel and finally I decided to give a 3. I will begin with positive points and then things that could improve and finally finish with issues that made me give low score.
The good. The hotel is clean and nice. There are many facilities and many activities. The animation works hard. You do not really need to step outside of the hotel for anything. When asked, the staff try their best to accommodate our wishes and when something is amiss they apologize and try to remedy the issue. The hotel is cheap. Compared to the 5 star I Majorca last year we paid half the price (plane ticket included) and then our child was below two years old! The best part of the food was the eggplants. The chef is remarkable for making tasty dishes with eggplants. The dolmas were also good. The beach was clean and considerable number of sun beds on the beach with lots of shade.
The bad. The food is basically Turkish. There is very little or no sea food. The cheese served at breakfast are mostly all white and all are very very very salty. I love feta cheese but I was not able to eat that cheese. Instead I used the cheese as salt in very small portions! There are not many fruits served. Turkey is renowned for its fruits. The only delicious fruit was watermelon. The melons were not sweet. No kiwi was served. Banana was severed rarely and then only green. Tomatoes and cucumber were good too though.
The room ameneties were limited but sufficient. Definitely not a 5 star quality for towels, etc.
There were 30 TV channels. A lot of them were Turkish and German. Also several Russian channels and broadcasts from other European countries was shown. Despite having so many Scandinavian guests there were no Scandinavian channels. There were two English channels, CNN and BBC world.
The ugly. Two-three worst points based on our experience of 4 people are the following: 1) beach. It may be confusing reading the above as why I write beach as a negative issue. The problem with the beach was the stones. Stones of various sizes were carpeting several meters before one could reach the water. These stones do not cut but are really painful after 3-4 steps. You need special beach shoes and even they gather a lot of stones. So you must constantly empty the shoes. Also the beach becomes deep very rapidly. This makes not an ideal place for small kids. Finally, the small fish bite you if you stand still. This was not a major issue for me and the bites felt more like small pin pricks.
2) area outside the hotel. Even though you do not need to step outside the hotel one might wish to walk outside after dinner. Unfortunately, this is not a good idea. After 100 meters all the few shops around finish. There are no real restaurants and the two neighboring resorts will not allow you inside. There is a free shuttle for taking people back and forth to a small shopping area with small ice skating ring. However, they are good in taking you there but seldom for coming back. The distance to that shopping area is 1 km. Until you get there it is mostly deserted area. There is a pack of stray dogs which chase passing by cars and though I wasn’t scared, my wife did not like to leave the hotel.
A third possible issue is that sometimes the staff does not prioritize you. The Turkish guests are better taken care of by the bell boy and some restaurant staff. Once I was carrying my child in my arms and waiting 10 minutes for one of the two working elevators. Suddenly a bell boy came and cut in front of me, blocked my way and let a group of Turkish guests go before us. It was very rude. Also once in the restaurant the waiters were quite busy catering to a large family of Turkish guests and we did not receive any help despite calling onto them. So my tip is not to sit close to Turkish guests as this will likely cause some discrimination against you.
For next time, I will try to search better and find a hotel with a better beach and closer to Antalya.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea, however some rooms will prove more noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family