The Aviator Hotel
The Columbia Hotel(Wellingborough)
Westone Manor Hotel(Northampton)
The Hind Hotel(Wellingborough)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsart decocar parkinteresting hotelrooms are finebuffet breakfastan evening meallasagnathis lovely hotelthe british grand prixeasy parkingplenty of hot waterbusiness tripquiet locationstayed one nightvery pleasant staysunday morningtea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I attended a trade show at Sywell Aerodrome, and for the second year in a row, I stayed at the Aviator Hotel. I enjoyed it last year, though I would only have given it 3 stars. This year, it was much better. The rooms improved, the staff was much me friendly and helpful, even though the place was full to the brim. Rates were very fair. I enjoyed the Art Deco design, although I would have probably liked a more modern feel to the room itself. However the room, and most importantly the bed, was very comfortable, and everything thing was clean, orderly and working. A fanatic improvement was the wifi, an essential element when I travel on business. Last year it was horrible, slower than a snail, and sometimes not working. This year, it was like lightning, and I was able to work on my computer overseas without any problem, and with large graphics files to boot.

I love the old style classic feel of the place, and hanging out in the pub each night was a very pleasant ay to pass the time.

There were things I did not like. They really need to sort out the wifi in the rooms. Hopefully that will be sorted by the time I am back again next year. The food quality can definitely be improved. Everything I had was okay to good, but nothing except the chips and the breakfast sausages, was exceptional. I really think they should work harder on menus and the food quality. It would make a huge difference to the overall quality of the place. I will definitely stay here again and look forward to staying at the Aviator Hotel next year again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was treated to a flying lesson at the nearby Virtual Aerospace center, so my wife and I decided to stay at The Aviator Hotel which is situated next door. It's a small hotel but the staff are very warm, friendly and welcoming. The hotel is set into two separate blocks, 1 holds the reception, bar and restaurant and the other has the rooms. This was great as the rooms are quiet and away from the reception area. The rooms are very comfortable and for the price we paid very spacious. The welcome tray in the room was a nice touch. The bar and restaurant area was nicely set into the reception block, both of these looked out onto the outdoor seating area with a fantastic view of the airfield. This was great as it was warm and sunny and lots of things going on. The bar and restaurant were decorated in the aviation theme, not too much but enough to remind you of the hotels location. The food was excellent, all cooked to order and not a scrap was left over. Compliments to the chef. The rates for the hotel we think are very reasonable and as we paid less than £100 for a nights b&b, drinks and evenings meals we feel that we could not have done better. We both very much enjoyed our stay and would seriously stay here again.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room, all are located in a separate block to reception so they are all very spacious, warm, quiet and very well equipped for couples, families or business travelers alike.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wjtaylor1
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Aviator Hotel has period decor which is perfect for its location.
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious.
Rates are very reasonable and the restaurant has delicious well prepared food.
With free Wi-Fi it was the perfect place to prep for a meeting the following day.
It has helpful and friendly staff and the bar prices are not over the top.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

just had a fantastic meal. Fish Fridays's are back and how very pleased I am too. Pollack in beer batter with homemade tartar sauce delicious. fantastic service. brilliant setting. outstanding food. What more could you want?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
The Aviator S, Director of Sales at The Aviator Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your very complimentary review.
We are very happy to have Fish Friday back on the menu too, especially as it its so popular.
It is a fabulous British tradition which we are proud to serve using fresh fish in homemade batters, at an affordable price.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I felt like I'd stepped back in time, really unique Art Deco hotel. Nice bar, nice outside seating area overlooking the airfield. And that's all the good stuff over with. Staff were ...alright, not overly friendly nor blatantly rude. We stayed in 2012 whilst at the Grand Prix and had secured the standard rate via laterooms.com. We booked again for this year taking a punt on the date of the race as it had at that time yet to be fixed, and again secured the standard rate. Unfortunately once the race date was fixed the hotel contacted us and refused to honour our booking, saying we had to pay THREE TIMES the standard rate if we wanted to stay, despite us having reserved through late rooms and them being in breach of their T&Cs. The hotel refused to change their stance on this as they knew that they'd re-sell the room it being Grand Prix weekend which is a shame as I'd have stayed here year on year, my husband had also stayed on business a couple of times previously which is how we come to know of the hotel's existence, but they've lost our repeat custom unfortunately because of their awful attitude.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TinyDancer26
The Aviator S, Director of Sales at The Aviator Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

We are pleased you appreciate the unique style of the Aviator Hotel.
As regards the bedroom rates, these do vary at all hotels in accordance with the season and any special events in their locality.
The Aviator Hotel has always been a favourite for race enthusiasts for the Grand Prix weekend. Our room rate for the Silverstone Grand Prix is £125.00 per night.
For your information The Aviator Hoel does not have an agreement with laterooms.com.
Our Terms and Conditions clearly state the Hotel reserves the right to accept of decline any booking. We would be very pleased to accept your booking for the Grand Prix weekend at our bedroom rate for that weekend while there is still availability.