“Nice Hotel & very quite location.”
Review of MO.OM Hotel

MO.OM Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Olgiate Olona
Reviewed April 2, 2014

It was so nice hotel, with very support staff and friendly. It was short business trip to Gallarate. The hotel was near to the business meeting i had, because of that i chosed it. The nearest Train station is about 3 K.M, IT IS Busto Arsizio station. The location is very quite which i really feel comfortable during my stay.
There are some resturants around, McDonald's is the nearest about 3 minutes walking.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is situated 25 kms from Milan in the city Busto Arsizio. Positives include a good infrastructure, friendly staff and good food. Negatives are distance from the nearest train station. It is above 5 kms and one must hire a taxi for reaching the same. Overall a good experience.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The name is a clue Mo (as in MOtel) an Om (the Buddhist chant)....see, clever isn't it.

This is a "designer chic" hotel. It is full of mismatched "cool" objects and white surfaces and odd furniture... think a slightly upscale Ikea... you get the picture.

All this trendiness is probably great if you're enjoying a lovely weekend with an improbably good-looking partner. BUT if you're me, long day travelling, short night ahead followed by another long day (etc) then the designer chic-nesss of the place - hidden switches, ambiently operated everything - means that you can't tell how to turn the bloody lights on or make water come out of the taps. This is a royal pain in the neck, and made me very grumpy indeed.

Spotless throughout, extensive and good breakfast (though the "hot" stuff was stone cold at the 7am start-of-breakfast time). There's a disco next door which opens in the summer, so it could be noisy, and whilst I stayed in the motel (car parking almost inside your room) annex the main building is right beside a very busy motorway so I suppose there might be noise there too... can't vouch for that though.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank TACHSuffolk
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived over-tired and needed a quiet night's rest. This hotel was perfect. The room took a little getting use to. More an architect's vision than a conventional hotel room. But interesting. Good large comfortable bed. Clean room with a spartan atmosphere.
The joy for us was the restaurant. In particular the Maitre De was brilliant. Great food and very reasonably priced.
We will stay again next time we can.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was interested a 4 star hotel with modern facilities but it was far away from my imagination. The reception gave me a room in new Annex. The key didn't work. I came back to reception and said it is not working. I was really tired after long time driving from Genoa to Milan and they sent me back to check it again. 3 times it happened! I was sent to try again but didn't work each time. eventually the receptionist came along with me and tried and saw I am right. He told me that I can use the other door (Annex rooms has two doors). I noticed part of electricity of room had problem and came back to reception and asked them to change my room because of lots of issues! They sent me to one of hotel rooms. I wonder why all corridors should be decorated with half naked Asian girls with cigarettes in hands or in dirty places of South Asia. Is it modern art? Anyway, it was not suitable for families at all. The new room also had problem. The remote control of TV didn't work. The water taps opens and close in very weird position. All switches of room looks modern but dead unfriendly an hard to work. The location was so hard to access and between two motorways so all night time you could hear motorway noise. Thanks I was there just for a night. I don't recommend it to anyone at all.

Room Tip: Looks modern but have lots of technical issues!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Amir A
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Such an easy recommendation! The level of service, the cleanliness and design of the rooms and the great breakfast made this hotel one of my favourites in Italy. The minimalistic, almost nordic, design, made me feel at home
Sure, not everything is perfect: finding my way to this property took a lot more than expected and the surroundings aren't the most inspiring, but they really made a nice effort with the grandiose hedge entrance. I won't say the hotel was unexpensive, but given the quality of the stay, I think it does deserve the top rating!

Room Tip: I would imagine that rooms not facing the motorway are quieter, but mine was actually on the 'wr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at MO.OM due to a canceled flight leaving MXP. Though the airline made all the arrangements, our stay was pleasant and the staff was wonderful.
We arrived about 3pm, after spending a few hours sitting on the tarmac at MXP hoping our plane could be repaired. Needless to say, by the time we got to MO.OM, we were tired, upset, and hungry. The staff was wonderful and provided an expedited check-in process that was most welcome after the long morning of delays and waiting.
The chef prepared a great meal for lunch and the staff was supremely accommodating, meeting every request and truly working hard to make the most of our bad experience. Dinner, again, was excellent and they also provided a hearty breakfast before we boarded buses for the return to MXP. My only complaint is about the temperature in our room. We had a motel room with a mezzanine level bed. The bed was comfortable, but the air conditioner simply could not cool such a tall room. Adding a small unit to the top level could go a long way to making the room more comfortable, but it’s certainly not a deal breaker.
All in all, we had a wonderful, if unplanned, visit to MO.OM and would highly recommend this modern and attractive hotel/motel to anyone.

Room Tip: I'd request a single level room, as the two level rooms have the beds in a loft and they can get...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Busto Arsizio
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport
#2 of 9 in Somma Lombardo

Been to MO.OM Hotel? Share your experiences!