The Grange Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Chantry Hotel(Bury St. Edmunds)
View Hotel
The Angel Hotel(Bury St. Edmunds)
View Hotel
Best Western Priory Hotel(Bury St. Edmunds)
View Hotel
All Saints Hotel(Bury St. Edmunds)
View Hotel
All reviewsjunior suitehuge tvlooked fantasticpiping hotwedding venuecountry housechocolate brownielots of characterlovely gardendressing tableonly criticismafternoon teamulti taskingupgradingchaletcountrysidesuffolk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What can I say except location, ambiance, cleanliness, rooms, food, staff and service are all exceptional. Well done! A gem of a hotel and a nice surprise. Highly recommended. Also it just goes to show what can be done and how. I am a business traveller and if all my bookings were like this staying away would be a lot nicer than it normally is. I stayed in the log cabins overlooking the garden.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at The Grange Hotel last week for a family wedding and had a very enjoyable stay. This lovely old hotel is situated in attractive grounds and has lots of charm and character. We were lucky with the weather so being able to wander around the grounds as well as have photos taken outside made this a perfect wedding venue. The staff were friendly and helpful and made guests feel welcome. The wedding reception meal and evening buffet were excellent and the dining room had been decorated beautifully to a high standard.

The room was very comfortable and clean with tea and coffee making facilities and a selection of toiletries. The only issue we had was not been able to get the shower to work in the morning so we used the bath instead. Apart from that, the standard of accommodation was very good.

Breakfast was buffet style with lots of choice. I would recommend this hotel, particularly as a wedding venue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed recently for a wedding and was not very impressed especially with some of the female staff. I asked one female staff member a question which she clearly could not be bothered to look me in the eye when answering. I have a hearing problem and tried to explain but it.seemed to annoy her further, I eventually said "if its to much trouble don't worry" and she turned her back and walked away. The grounds are lovely but noticed the interior was in need of an uplift. The log cabin was overpriced and bathroom not very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Booked a table for anniversary meal, we were offered some bread rolls to start, more like concrete rolls.
On the menu said steak and 3 times fried chips, which meant chips that were not used on Monday were re-fried again Tuesday and then again on Wednesday, absolutely awful. the steak was cold. my partners so over cooked it was more like the bottom of my walking boots.
The biggest waste of £68.00

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David V
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked to stay at the Grange as it had log cabins which is what I was looking for as it was part of a treat for my wife's 30th birthday.
When we went to check in we were told that they did not have our reservation and further more they did not have any log cabins available!! We were offered a superior room for less than the log cabin which we accepted.
The room was very large as was the bed and very comfortable. The shower did not work properly it ran extremely hot and after 10 minutes we managed to get it to the right temperature which only lasted a further 10 minutes before running cold at which point we gave up. The toilet would not flush correctly and the toilet roll holder fell off the wall.
We are not sure what was on the floor in our room but it wasn't carpet and very uncomfortable to walk on.
There was a good selection of food for breakfast although the cooked food wasn't very hot.
The staff were friendly although we feel understaffed, we saw the same young man very late in the evening and again very early in the morning.
It was such a shame as it did put a bit of a dampener on my wife's birthday surprise, and the hotel is situated in a lovely area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple