“Enjoyable Visit”

Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Enjoyable Visit”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had visited previously and not been very impressed with quality of food but decided to visit again as overall establishment had good reviews. My experience was very different second time around we had the same meal and the portion sizes were larger and very tasty. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived but got busier. We were not rushed and before we knew it 2 hours had passed. We would definitely return again as the overall atmosphere is very relaxed and the food very good and fresh.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“First visit and we will be back”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had heard good reviews about the Orchard Room, and whilst we live local it was difficult to find !! We have a great lunch , a terrine of rabbit & pistachio , home made bread & pickles . This was followed by a fruit scone with jam & cream . All excellent - All rounded off with a great cup of coffee . The Orchard room was busy ( always a good sign) and the staff were very courteous .

We look forward to returning

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“The Orchard Room may have gone down hill recently or it may have been an off day?”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been to The Orchard Room three times before over the last couple of years and always found it a charming place serving good food with attention to detail.
So today I took my GF there for breakfast but felt let down.
A small breakfast menu to chose from. I went for a bacon sandwich on brown bread with salad?? and a coffee, my GF chose a bacon and egg sandwich on white (refused the salad) and a cup of tea.
£14.95
I expected nice fresh bread with thick local bacon but what I was served was sliced bread from a supermarket and I think the bacon probably came from the same place. The salad was nice but not really what I would expect with a bacon sandwich.
The tea and coffee were fine.
It was the waitress's first day and it was obvious that she had been given little or no instruction and she was not familiar with the menu. Not her fault at all, but management and we felt sorry for her.
The Orchard Room won awards in the past, unfortunately not likely to win any in the near future.
As with all meals out, if I am paying rather a lot of money for what I'm being served then I expect it to be better than what I could easily have rustled up in my own kitchen for a fraction of the price.

1 Thank Mrnick99
Diss, United Kingdom
“Coffee and cake”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Spent a lovely late morning coffee and cake at the Orchard Room for a surprise birthday for one of our good friends. The Orchard Room was a really bright, clean and friendly venue with lovely latte and good range of scones and cakes for all tastes. Set in their beautiful gardens I would highly recommend it the service was wonderful and has those added touches you want whether for a birthday or just an ad hoc visit. Delicious food and great hospitality, well worth a visit any time of year

• Visited August 2013
Teresa H, Owner at The Orchard Room, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review about us. It is good to hear you appreciated our delicious food and warm hospitality.
Kielce, Swietokrzyskie, Poland
“The Ultimate British Experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was travelling around the Cambridge area when a friend I met there recommended the Orchard Room for afternoon tea. Not only was I presented with a delicious array of sandwiches, scones and cakes which were topped with home-grown berries. The surroundings, delicious food, endless cups of tea and warm hospitality made this the real British experience for an American traveler who has always wondered what afternoon tea really was.

• Visited July 2013
THank you for your positive review. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to The Orchard Room. I will share your comments with all the staff.