“Lovely food lovely staff lovely setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Orchard Room

The Orchard Room
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Thurston
Cuisines: British, International, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Lovely food lovely staff lovely setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I came here on the 14/06 with my little girl and i really enjoyed our lunch. I asked for the rarebit to share with my little girl but was advised it may be abit too strong mustard wise for my little one. I appreciated that so i opted for an egg and mayo sarnie and my daughter and i had the gluten free orange cake which was light and moist. The only down side was trying to get my daughters disability buggy past all the chairs to the table. I felt abit silly when i arrived crashing into everything. I was so impressed with the Orchard Room i asked if they had spaces for Fathers Day lunch and tried to score a table by happening to mention its our anniversary aswell :-)

• Visited June 2013
Teresa H, Owner at The Orchard Room, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. We welcome customers of all ages.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Saw reviews and decided to have Sunday lunch. Delicious! Very generous portions, helpful and friendly staff, lovely setting, highly recommend.

Teresa H, Owner at The Orchard Room, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us. Just for info for anyone reading this it is best to book a table when coming for lunch, especially on Sundays as we do get full,
Cambridge
“A real hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience here in every respect- I'd definitely recommend. The mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto was particularly good.

Teresa H, Owner at The Orchard Room, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your positive review; I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of The Orchard Room.
“Rural elegance.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Simple yet clean cut. Food was delicious. Appetizers a little over priced. The chicken coop near the patio was interesting. It had different breeds of chickens and it felt like when a restaurant has an aquarium that you just can't keep your eyes off of, except with chickens. A chickquarium. There was even a hammock near by to nap the meal away. I felt right at home.

Teresa H, Owner at The Orchard Room, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. The chickens do seem to keep our customers amused!
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Charming and excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

There's little really to add to what others have said. We had lunch here (the first time for a year) and found that standards have been maintained. The menu is short but uses lots of home-grown and home-made ingredients. Both our dishes, the "Nurseryman's Lunch" and the vegetarian pizza, were excellent. The latter in particular is rather different to an ordinary pizza and full of vegetables.

We were pleased to see that some excellent local wine was included on the winelist. The service was very friendly and the view of the chickens in the orchard was charming. The coffee too was good and strong.

A tip if coming from the A14: follow the signs to "Norton" and in the village look for the brown sign to the left that points to "Harvey's Garden plants". Follow this road for about a mile (it's quite wiggly) and you'll suddenly see it on the left.

By the way my wife insisted on going into the greenhouse and we ended up buying two plants!

Teresa H, Owner at The Orchard Room, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
I am glad to here you were pleased with your return visit to The Orchard Room and loved the plants too!