“Friendly, good food a regular lunch time visit for us”

The Grange Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Thurston
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Lying deep in the heart of Suffolk, The Grange Hotel and Restaurant charms from the moment you set eyes on it, the rustic, homely appearance of the building set amongst its own secluded garden area of open countryside providing a warm welcome. Before your meal, perhaps set foot in to the Lounge Bar, which opens on to the terrace and Garden, and sample the selection of fine beers whilst five chefs prepare food from the freshest ingredients for the Garden Restaurant and the Adam Room, its more formal counterpart. A la carte dining on fine British cuisine and an extensive wine list are offered, as well as grand, traditional roast lunches on Sundays.
Reviewed February 27, 2018

Well worth a visit, quirky humour and traditional well run hostelry. Special lunches during the week at bargain prices - toad in hole, shepherds pie and ham egg and chips are excellent. Breakfasts are, I believe a legend in their breakfast time, but we haven't had one yet. Sunday lunch needs a booking - so popular. Reccomended. Dogs welcome and our Old English Sheepdog is often given a complimentary custard cream by the landlady.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

There were 18 in our party and we had a good time. The room was set out attractively. We arrived on time for 'welcome' martinis.This could have been better organised as we waited for quite a while before receiving our drinks even though all guests arrived gradually over time. The service was good for all courses. The portions for some courses were very generous and perhaps could have been reduced to take into account number of courses. The Ravioli was tough although filling was tasty. There were plenty of vegetables to accompany main course however the dauphinoise potatoes were discoloured and tasteless. The vegetarian main course option looked very stodgy. After the meal, the casino event helped fill the time until midnight. The disco managed to get most people dancing. Overall the meal was ordinary and our evening was made a success by good company.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Off the beaten track, but worth the drive. The grounds are lovely: if I haven't been married for 30 plus years, I would see this as my wedding spot.
The food was excellent, the staff very attentive.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

Spent one night in this quiet relaxing environment. Pleasant staff and surroundings. Ate in the evening in the restaurant, not the a la carte, but on the basis of the catch of the day I had, am sure that anything from the menu would be both well presented and prepared. A really comfy bed, woken up by birds singing, then down to breakfast. Was the second cooked breakfast of my week, they were however, chalk and cheese, this one a proper cooked breakfast, using fresh local ingredients, poached eggs were superb. I would stay here again were I to be in the area without doubt, easy journey into Bury in the morning, after the best start to the day, set up,relaxed and positive, thanks to my experience here

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

This exquisite hotel is the perfect place to soak up the ambience of England.I came across it on tripadviser.Absolute gem.The rooms are so comfortable.Our bed was huge.Bathroom with bath tub.Dinner was delicious.The chef is very talented.Desert was the best rhubarb crumble with angliese cream I have ever tasted.I am sad as I dont know if we will find another place as good as this one.

Date of visit: June 2017