“Excellent Day Out”

Eagle Heights Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Eynsford
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Eagle Heights is an excellent day out!
The array of birds of prey is fantastic, along with their reptile house and other animals, this place has something for everyone.
The birds of prey displays are the best I have ever seen in all the wildlife parks I have visited. The handler is very knowledgeable, with a sense of humour! The birds are allowed to roam around the arena giving the audience a great view.
Look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our day out at Eagle Heights. Try and catch the live cheetah and bird show, it's amazing.

1  Thank Emma H
Reviewed September 3, 2013

On reading the excellent reviews we decided to take our son to see the birds, cheetahs etc.
With our son being an avid animal lover we have visited a great many of the major attractions in the UK as well as many of the smaller attractions in the South East.
Whilst we didn't have high expectations for Eagle Heights, we were left truly disappointed with the whole experience.
All those who have said that the park is run down are 100% correct, exhibits looking tired and cramped and the small farm area largely closed off. Likewise those who have questioned the size and suitability of the enclosures are again correct as we were left distressed by the volume of birds tethered to posts and the size of the enclosures.
I appreciate that times are hard and the focus must be on the animals and it was on this basis that you can overlook the general tiredness of the place, it is sad however to see animals in such small enclosures and I would welcome investment for this park as it has great potential.
The staff were ok, a bit abrupt at the till but engaging during the displays and whilst there was some positives, overall I left concerned for the animals welfare and underwhelmed.
As an aside I would also suggest that a covered picnic area is erected. You aren't permitted to eat outside during the displays and the cafe has signs up everywhere ramming home the point that you cannot consume food that has not been purchased within the cafe, something that leaves you unable to stop to eat anywhere within the park during a display, something that is by no means family friendly.
With Howletts offering a yearly ticket for the price of 1 entry I would strongly recommend the extra 45 mins drive down the A2 for a family day out.

11  Thank BarryK2
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place is a fantastic find in the heart of Kent. We arrived (8,14 and an older aunty) at about 12pm just in time for one of the shows and I have to say this is one of the best I have seen. The staff doing the shows are enthusiastic, informative and very entertaining. The kids watching the shows were asked if they had any questions all of which were answered factually and with pleasure.
During the day we also saw the meerkats, tortoise race and a cheetah. This place really is a treasure its small enough to see everything the shows are more or less every hour and show the animals in their natural environment. The staff are friendly and passionate about what they do.

How they could improve this place to visit, is more ladies bathrooms with baby changing/toddler facilities and another eating area.

The family who run this place were there at the last show meeting and talking to us and asking any questions, they really make this an interactive place, you will not just see animals in cages!

Its great value for money and I will definately be going back. Thank-you for a wonderful day out.

1  Thank joanne l
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We actually spent a whole day here which is unusually for me as I normally walk round then leave, but the quality of displays is amazing! We watched all the displays on offer and I was thoroughly impressed they are both informative yet funny and you really do get up close to the animals. Seeing the Cheetah out of it's cage and getting to see it run was amazing, what an honour. It really is worth making a day of it and seeing all the displays it really is good value for money especially on a nice day. My daughter loved it especially the racing tortoises as she won a prize! Thank you to all the team you are obviously very passionate and the animals are well loved.

1  Thank Adventureeagle86