“Good, friendly staff and educational.”

Eagle Heights Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Eynsford
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good, friendly staff and educational.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We brought our son to Eagle Heights and plan on returning again. All of the staff were friendly and took time to answer our questions. The animals were well kept and one of them seemed distressed. There is a small reptile house with a limited amount of reptiles. The amount of birds they had were amazing and beautiful. We watched the show and were amazed at what some of the birds can do. We saw how the animals were handled with great care and respect. Eagle Heights is a rescue centre and sanctuary. If you are expecting anything fancy, this is not it. However, if you want to support conservation and rescue, definitely give this place a visit as the money you spend helps with the upkeep of the place. Our son has special needs and the staff took great care with him and he was given a pencil and book by the staff to encourage him to make a picture for them and also to help him keep his interest in preserving the animals who are housed there. We will definitely be returning.

1 Thank alyxzandra

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Sadly disappointing”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I were enjoying a romantic weekend away in Kent, and as I love birds of prey, we decided to venture to Eagle Heights on the way home. We had high hopes as it's rating is so high on Trip Advisor, but we were rather disappointed. I have been to 4-5 different Birds of Prey centres across South England and this just doesn't live up to expectations. We had hoped to spend a good part of our day here, but we ended up staying only 2 hours, and part of that was sat inside with a cup of tea to warm myself up.
We arrived at 12 o' clock, just in time for the first show of the day. This was quite interesting and the guy was very knowledgeable. The benches were soaking wet so everyone left with very damp bottoms after being sat around for about 45 minutes.
There are cheetahs, a camel and some huskys outside around the display area. Closer to the main building there are meerkats and arctic wolfs with just a few eagles and other birds of prey.
The majority of the birds are on the other side of the building, along with the reptile center, though the whole area needed attention and felt shabby and un loved.
We got bored quickly, which is surprising for me as I usually spend hours photographing all types of animals, so we went to the 'canteen'. This felt very much like I was back at primary school. I'm fully aware that this is more of an attraction for families with young children/teens, but having 2 step children myself, I couldn't see myself taking them. The prices were extremely high and service not so great. We had our drink and decided to leave as we really didn't feel like staying any longer, therefore we missed the Meerkat show.
Maybe I'm being harsh with my review here and suggest that Eagle Heights would be a hell of a lot better in the Summer months, as I was absolutely freezing, even inside and with plenty of layers on, but this is only my opinion.
Unfortunately my pictures are only of the animals, so won't show the disappointing parts that I have stated.

1 Thank missmcdonagh
London, United Kingdom
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Great part of a family day in Eynsford”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Eynsford gives a surprisingly good day out for the family - with the ruined castle, Roman villa and the birds of prey sanctuary. And the Plough Inn is the perfect place to end the day. The Eagle Height seem to keep things simple. They are in effect a working sanctuary for around 150 birds of prey. They also house cheetahs, meerkats, snakes, lizards and a camel. All of the animals are open to view with a good amount of information to peruse. There are also several demonstrations each day which you should absolutely not miss.

Visited December 2012
West Sussex
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Lovely little place”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent 3 hours here on New Year's Day. If we had younger children it could have been longer as there is a lovely play area etc. we loved looking round all the birds, cheeters, etc with the meerkats being my favourite. The show was very informative and lasted an hour. My husband wants to go back and do the photography course there. Will definitely go back again.

U.K.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent day out”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Firstly well done guys for rescuing the birds. Lots to see and enjoy, seeing these birds so close up,was such an experience. Don't rush your visit as we spent 3 hours in there, and we did not even have children with us. Look foreward to going back to see the cheetahs show, so I will be back, worth the £9 spent for 3 hour entertainment.

Visited November 2012