“Brilliant and stylish”
Review of The Castle Hotel

The Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Eynsford B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here last night, the place looks great inside and has excellent friendly helpful staff. The rooms were lovely and the decor is great. The food, both evening meal and breakfast were fab, plenty to choose from. Will be returning, if not just to work our way through the wonderful menu!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Skeano

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here last night as my 'regular' hotel in this area was fully booked.

I loved the decor very cosy, stylish and homely. I found the owners and staff (all family!) to be really very friendly and accommodating.

I arrived late (about 9pm) and was still offered the full menu to choose from. I ate mussels in a delicious sauce, served with chunks of scrumptious white bread (for mopping up the sauce!) and the most wonderful home cooked chunky chips I've ever eaten!!! A really good choice of wine too!

Before I went up to my beautifully decorated bedroom I booked my breakfast for 7.30. Lots of breakfast choice ... Full English looked great ... I chose cereal and yoghurt.

I even got to pet the family Shetland Pony before going to work! What a super start to my day!

Will stay here now as my regular hotel for all local business trips.

Looking forward to my next visit!

Thanks to Gordon and his lovely family for making my 'business' stay so nice! Refreshing change!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 4 at the front. Double bed and single bed. Gorgeous rainfall shower over the bath...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nights at the hotel. The room was lovely, quiet, clean and very nicely decorated. Comfortable beds. The bathroom was huge, great water pressure, clean and beautiful. The owners and staff were nice and chatty. They took time to talk to us - ended up having long conversations about the world, history, politics, religion and more.

It's a 20-25 minute walk to the station. The owner offered to take us in his car one day. The village is very nice, too. There's a beautiful castle ruin one minute's walk away.

All in all a great place!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Was shown into room, to find that there was hardly any loo roll, one of the three light bulbs in the ceiling fitting was working and the radiator did not work and room was cold. Told the guy behind the bar who said that they were short staffed and were having to done things themselves. these problems were then fixed.....but they should have been checked before I arrived! Then....there was a party going on in the pub's function room underneath the hotel rooms that went on until 1.30am and then the scraping of chairs/tables started until 2am...needless to say didnt get any sleep until 2am. Then in the morning, the shower tray did not empty and was threatening to flood the floor...therefore my girl friend could not finish her shower etc. Spoke to the owner/manager morning who's attitude was beyond belief.....he said the party was a one off...it was business...and denied there was any furniture moving....incredibly he said it was not really a hotel but a pub.... Its a shame as they have obviously spent money on the place but the disorganisation and attitude is staggering! Book at your peril and hope there is no party going on as you wont sleep a wink until it is over.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Bmdmarkie
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I usually stay in Dartford when busy in the area but no room at the inn!
Bit of a problem as didn't have the car with me.
Had to use taxis to/from accommodation.
Searched on-line for small place to stay - much preferred to large hotels.
So pleased to find The Castle Hotel.
Lovely, large comfortable rooms with country inn decor.
Choice of items for breakfast and good conversation with widely travelled and interesting hosts.
Think some reviewers on TA confuse homely accommodation and friendly hosts with the sometimes lackadaisical employed staff of hotel chains.
I like to feel I am staying with friends - and I did.
Owners of small establishments do not deliberately try to give bad service.
There is too much at stake.
Give me the relaxed comfort of 'home from home' every time!
Thank you Sharon and Gordon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LynneHaywood
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed at the hotel this weekend and I would like to thank Gorden and his family and staff for a great break they have revampt the whole property to a high standard the rooms were very clean and comfortable food was excellent my family party of 10 all had a great time will deffo stay there again . keep up the good work .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I booked some friends in for this coming Saturday night as they are attending a party. Today (Wednesday) the castle called and CANCELLED the room with just three days notice as they have not completed their renovations. Brands hatch has a race on meaning most if not all hotels in the area are full. Absolutely shocked and saddened that such bad service prevails at The Castle. I would never ever again recommend this hotel. I was considering holding the actual party here - thank goodness I didn't!!!!

Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank IneeyMineyMo

Been to The Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!