“Budget Friendly Paradise On Coral Coast”
Review of Beachouse

Beachouse
Ranked #3 of 3 Namatakula B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Budget Friendly Paradise On Coral Coast”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We'be been at Beachouse for 3 full days and 2 nights and couldn't be happier with our experience. The location, facilities, staff and amenities are all top notch and at the high end of what could be expected from a backpackers style accommodation. So far, we've been out kayaking (free of charge), on a guided jungle walk with a Beachouse staff member, participated in a kava ceremony, and went to a fundraiser dance organized by staff. I used to work at a popular hostel in California, so I have a good frame of reference tod evaluationg the quality of a backpackers -- Beachouse is the place to be for a great time at the best possible value!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2013

If your a Surfer and want to visit the coral coast on a budget this is the place to go. The owner Andrew is a really great help and will hook you up with a SUP or a board. Also their boat will take you to different surf breaks everyday including frigates, for a small cost.
As far as food goes if you go expecting backpackers type food options, you will be pleasantly pleased.
Great little bar and pool area to hang out and lie in a hammock.
I have reviewed this as a backpackers not as a resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I traveled with 3 thirteen year old boys who were looking for lots of activities and a "hippy vibe." The Beachouse was a terrific fit for our low key group. There are lots of daily activities, my guys went horseback riding on the beach with Mr. Eddy and fishing with Mr. Ratu. In between, there was lots of time in the pool, playing on the rope swing, and several no holds barred ping pong death matches. The ala carte menu was a great value and the boys enjoyed the regular afternoon teas featuring hot scones.
We were a party of 4 but we bought out a 6 bed dorm for privacy. Since the rates are so reasonable, this worked out very well. If you do come to the Beachouse and stay in a dorm, be sure to bring extra towels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I went to the Beachouse with a group of six people, volunteers from Europe and Australia. Myself and another girl went shares in a Bure while the others stayed in the Dorms.

We arrived at Breakfast time, around nine, and the ladies were lovely enough to allow us to have breakfast. The breakfast was very basic, wheatbix, oats, watered down orange juice and toast. The breakfast ran out quickly and the staff were very slow to refill meaning that you had to go without milk or another item or wait ages for the staff to refill.

After breakfast we checked in and were shown to our rooms. We were shocked when we walked in. The sheets were dirty with brown blotches, it looked like feces from an insect or bird. The toilet water was black. The bathroom sink and bench top was filthy with dust that my friend decided that she had to clean it. There were bugs throughout the room. When we decided to have a shower we had hot water for about ten seconds and then it was stone cold. I was really disappointed considering the room was $150 FJD a night.

When we met up with the others they had similar stories about the dorms. The beds were dirty and the shower facilities were disgusting.

After lunch we all decided to go on the jungle/waterfall hike which was fantastic. This was worth the money and for only 20 FJD it was one of the best experiences of my life. This made the whole weekend worthwhile.

Later that night we asked for some bug spray to kill the bugs in our room. I was told that I would need to use one of my friends even though they had a bottle at the bar. When I pointed this out they reluctantly gave it to me. After spraying we found dead cockroaches, and other insects all over our floors. I was grateful for the spray.

On Sunday we really wanted to go on the Horse Ride around the beach. We were told to wait until 2pm. By 2pm the horses were not there. We waited longer because of "Fiji Time" and then decided to ask where the horses were to which they told us "Sorry we are not doing the horse riding today".

The food that you can buy at The Beachouse is edible but not anything to rave about.

The boys seemed to be happier about the accommodation and services, but after personally staying at five different places in Fiji, ranging from Backpackers to 4 star this was by far the worst.

The beach is good but once the tide goes out you have to walk out ages on rocks to get a little bit of water.

Overall I was disappointed in the service, accommodation and food at The Beachouse. I wouldn't recommend this place for longer that a night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Melissa M

Travelers are raving about these Namatakula hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Namatakula
The Warwick Fiji
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort
Crusoe's Retreat
Crusoe's Retreat
#20 of 23 in Coral Coast

Been to Beachouse? Share your experiences!