All reviewsspent nightschez providencebreadcroissantsnear futurea great staychristinerose
Reviewed September 15, 2017

I have just spent 5 days at Chez Providence and would like to say how friendly and welcoming Christina was. My room was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. This accommodation is in a good walking area with interesting local caves and Carcassonne with it's walled city not too far away.

I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Chez Providence, and would like to stay again at sometime in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Christina P, Owner at Chez Providence Chambres et Table d'Hotes, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

We enjoyed having you stay with us and we are pleased enjoy the area. Hope to see you in the future.

Christina & Nico

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with friends from 2nd June to 9th June. Wow what a place so full of character and charm was blown away with it, and the couple who run it Christina and Nico so friendly could not do enough for you, would go as far and say stay in 4* hotels before this place is up there with them, and it's nicely placed for surrounding site seeing. I really am going to go back top marks to them. It's a must. *****

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Christina P, Owner at Chez Providence Chambres et Table d'Hotes, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Thank you so much we are delighted that you enjoyed you holiday and look forward to seeing again.

Reviewed December 8, 2016

We felt so at home in this cozy place. Christine prepared a lovely dinner and breakfast for us and her attention to detail in running Chez Providence is noteworthy. We even caught a holiday fireworks show in the town square thanks to Christine's recommendation.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2016

In the beautiful village of Cuxac Cabardes is a wonderful bed and breakfast, run by two wonderful, helpful and informative people. The rooms are excellent and the food (you can book an evening meal) is better than any restaurant in the area can provide. This is a perfect place to get away. The village is on a mountainside and 25 Kilometres from Carcassonne (so a car is handy) but has two restaurants, a shop, a post office and the pharmacy. The surrounding countryside is breath-taking and a walkers dream. .The owners of the bed and breakfast are very accommodating but I would like to ask on their behalf (they are too polite so say their selves) Please remember THIS IS FRANCE, so meal times differ to what you are use to in Spain or England. Respect the hotels meal timetable and arrive for your meals at the allotted time. Some guests that were there at the same time we were expect to eat late at night. Not a thing done in France (well not at 9.00pm anyway) and then moaned about the service. For my part, the service is excellent and I shall be returning as soon as possible. Great stay.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face out onto the village green and the gardens. For me any room suits.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janandmikeh
Reviewed June 17, 2016

We spent a week in this family hotel. I am not one who is easy to please, but it was one of my best travel experiences. Love the style of the place, comfort, attention to detail. Five stars for a comfortable bed and for breakfast. They even bake their own bread and croissants!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple