Hotel de Cuxac(Cuxac-Cabardes)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewschez providencenear futurea great staynicocarcassonne
Reviewed November 4, 2014

There was only one thing wrong!......we stayed ONLY one night!! It was so cozy, quiet, clean and comfortable. I was traveling with three other ladies and we opted for dinner in....and despite a few picky eaters, Christina was able to please all of us with her magic in the kitchen! The little village is nestled in the mountains between Albi and Carcassone (both a most of things to do) and was just the perfect stop to feel really at home! Christina and Nico have turned this lovely old building into an oasis! They have thought of everything.....even a small kitchen area if you are traveling with picnic foods to take out on your daily excursions. And a Kir Peche on their little balcony listening to the nearby stream added to the entire stay! Wonderful to say the least!

Room Tip: We were four women so we chose the Lavender room. 4 beds in the outer room, and two beds in a smaller room with the area....with bathroom included. Good for families.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed November 1, 2014

We have spent 3 nights at this wonderful place. The house is great, bedrooms are fantastic and Christina is simply amazing. She is a Chef in the kitchen and a nice guide always ready to help. The breakfast is outstanding. The village itself (20 minutes from Carcasonne) is quiet and picturesque. A place to visit, to relax and enjoy life with nice people and food. Many thanks Christina.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2014

I spent 5 nights here with my partner, who booked the break as a surprise for me. The location is excellent, being an easy drive from Carcassonne. If you do get a bit lost when you get to Cuxac-Cabardes phone Christina and she'll guide you in. We stayed in the apartment, which was first class. Great little private terrace with regular visits from the most friendly cat....(We called her Plink-Plonk....(long story!) What will you name her??) Listen to Christina, she will give great advice on things to do. If you stay on a Monday, visit the Pizza Van...Nico will show you where...it's a memorable experience....you'll know what I mean when you've done it. Breakfast will set you up for the whole day, Nico bakes the bread, and it's as good as it gets. You MUST eat here. I suggest at the start of your stay, because if you leave it until the end you'll regret not having the opportunity to do it more than once. Christina understands the balance between a certain amount of formality and a relaxed atmosphere, and produces excellent local food, cooked to perfection! I was amazed by her Vegetarian Quiche, especially as I am not a Veggie! Trust these reviews. The place is great!

Room Tip: Go for the Apartment.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Floyd001
Reviewed October 14, 2014

We spent 5 nights at this Table d'Hotes exploring the Carcasonne region in southern France.
Twenty minutes from Carcasonne and other villages made it an ideal spot from which to explore. The village itself is quiet and picturesque.

Outstanding breakfasts every morning with house made croissants and bread by Nico served with orange juice, coffee, jams and honey. We also had 3 dinners prepared by Christina that were delicious from start to finish. Christina graciously accommodated our very early morning departure on our last day serving the wonderful breakfast.

La Chambre Rose (upstairs) was quiet and comfortable. This is a well run, clean and cozy Table d'Hote.

Room Tip: La Chambre Rose, upstairs, is the most quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 days from 15th sept, what a fantastic place, so full of traditional character, and the home Cook French food is and must say the best I've had, even better that a couple of meals had in nearby restaurants. My 1st visit, all ready planing a return. Tina, Nico wow what more can I say, will be back soon.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends