“Interesting, busy, and pricey”

Klondike Rib and Salmon
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fun, Friendly, "Taste of the Yukon" type of Atmosphere....
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Late lunch to avoid long wait. Still a short wait. Service was good. Food was very good, but in our opinion overpriced. Decor is appropriate and interesting. We will return in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wow! What can I say? I'm not sure what other people's standards are, but we have to be totally honest here, I mean really?? The best in Whitehorse? We found it average at best. This restaurant's reputation has been built on the show You Gotta Eat Here, and I have to disagree; I love your show John but.......really? There are plenty other restaurants in town that surpass this fare, try Georgios, Cork and Bull or The Cellar if you're looking for quality.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

One of the better places in Whitehorse. Always a wait, but worth it for a decent meal at average prices for the area. Portions are large and service was very fast considering how busy the place is.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Rarely go here since I hate standing in lines and this place always has one and for good reason. My family and I went early to ensure we would not have to wait in line. After prior warning of portion sizes being large we only ordered the large fish and chips and a large salad to share and still ended up taking some fish home for leftovers. For what comes on the plate the price is reasonable. Had fair service. Not so much a place to bring younger children unless they have matured tastes.

1  Thank MalleMAc
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A fine selection of food including a large choice of game served in a cosy restaurant shaped like a miner's tent. It is not inexpensive but worth every penny. The staff are very personable and knowledgable with great senses of humour. Unfortunately, as with so many places in the north, they will be closing for the winter Sept.15.