“Pricey lunch but delicious”

Klondike Rib and Salmon
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fun, Friendly, "Taste of the Yukon" type of Atmosphere....
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was surprised to be paying New York prices for lunch in the Yukon, especially for fish, but found there are few bargains in this part of Canada and Alaska as their annual income is derived from a short tourist season (May-Sept). The food was tasty and servings were ample- the restaurant has character as there are lots of kitschy items to look at while waiting for your meal- i.e. snowshoes, photos of gold rush days. Seating is inside or out which is a nice option. There is an assortment of specialty beers from which to choose. It is located across the street from the Westmark hotel and in the midst of the main shopping area in town, so its convenient. Others in our group enjoyed dinner there. As it was recommended to us by both the tour director and the hotel, this place gets lots of tourists- at least one of their wait staff was European and able to communicate with German tourists at an adjacent table. Regrettably, we were too full for dessert- a couple at the next table was expressing their enjoyment of a fruit pie with a crumble topping.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great place to eat. Busy but delicious. I wanted to try everything on the menu and was sorry i had to pick just one thing. I liked the northern trapper atmosphere. I was lucky I barely had to wait at all to get in and once seated service was quick and friendly. I kind of want to frame the menu to inspire my own cooking and remind me of my trip.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate the fish and chips which were fantastic. My stepdaughter had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich which wasn't very good. Once our server delivered our food we never saw her again. We had to find someone to let us pay because she never even brought us a bill.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

There is usually a wait to get in, but it is worth it. This is a fun restaurant with excellent salmon and barbecue. It was probably the best salmon I had in the Yukon and Canada. The server was terrific. I can't imagine a better dinner in Whitehorse unless your stomach can't wait for a table.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food was good. Our group (lunchtime) had fish and chips, hamburger, and an elk burger. The pie was excellent. However, don't expect a cheap lunch. We spent about $50 for our three meals and one piece of pie to share.