“Tasty food and large portions”
Review of Giorgio's Cuccina

Giorgio's Cuccina
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Chose here as it was close to our accommodation on our first cold night in Whitehorse. Nice atmosphere with friendly staff. The food is on the pricier side but you get huge portions, we have plenty left for lunch the next day.

There are newer reviews for Giorgio's Cuccina

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Giorgio's Cuccina - Whitehorse. Fine Dining? Not by a long shot. Our Friday group had a reservation for NYE dinner (14 of us). The restaurant was busy and we were a large group, but there was lots of staff working and since most tables would be by reservation one would thing they would be prepared. Our server advised us that there would be a 17% gratuity added to our bills which was fine with us and we all ordered our drinks. Our reservation was for 7pm and we finally received our food about 9:45pm - only after talking with the server and letting them know that we were going to leave. You would think that after this long the food would be at least good - again wrong. We had the Filet Mignon which was cooked Medium as requested, but was dry and at room temperature. The vegetables were actually cold and the potatoes were hot. No one's meal was hot or anything other than 'ok'.

Three people had ordered the duck and 2 of them were advised they had run out and were offered another choice (about an hour before receiving the meal). When the food arrived, the 3rd person who had ordered the Duck was served pheasant and was told 'this is the best we can do'. No apology, no asking if they wanted the pheasant or something else, was never advised that they would not be getting the food they ordered - just "this is the best we can do"!

And, it was not just the kitchen's poor service, but the waitress as well. We were rarely approached for drinks,never asked how our meals were and no apologies were given for the wait or anything else. To the server's credit she did remove the 17% grat from our bills and left that up to our discretion.

I have been to many restaurants over my lifetime and have received poor service before, but never anything as horrible as this. We are all locals and although I cannot speak for the rest of the group, I do know we will never return as this was not the first time we received this kind of service. One would think the Manager or someone would have come over to speak with us. The Manager was right there when I spoke with the server, she looked at me and then turned away - ignoring our table the rest of the evening. Not even 1 star for this place......... So very disappointed.

1  Thank wwtinar
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stopped in Whitehorse after a long long drive from Alaska and we were very happy to find Georgio's. The salads were very nice - the dressing on my Italian salad was perfect; it was all on the salad, not on the plate, which shows that it was tossed w/the dressing before being put on the plate. This is the north country so you can't expect the same kind of fresh vegetables you might find in the Bay Area, for example, but my salad greens were quite good. The lamb kebob was a good deal for the price - it arrived with a lot of lamb, and it was cooked perfectly. The Italian sausage with penne pasta was large and flavorful. No the pasta wasn't made in the kitchen, but it was good and perfectly cooked. We shared a tiramisu for dessert - it was one of the best I've ever had. Although the prices seem a bit high, the amount of food offsets that. I would be happy to have the opportunity to dine here again. The service was top notch - all in all a very nice restaurant and likely the best you will find on the Alcan.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

While visiting in Whitehorse, we visited Giorgio's Cuccina on a Friday evening. A local couple had recommended it to us. Thank you! We arrived shortly after 8:00 and the place was packed with families, couples and groups of various size. Despite the crowd, the service was excellent. We shared an antipasta and a pizza. Both were outstanding. The selection of wine by the glass was very good. I prefer red and my spouse white and we both found a choice to our liking.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We just ate at Georgio's and were so disappointed. I ordered the halibut which was amazing and my husband had lamb which was also great. However we waited over 20 minutes for drinks. My 4 year old had pasta which was loaded with chilli peppers and we had to send
back. We waited for our meals for over an hour. This would be ok If it was busy but it wasn't. We also had 4 different people serving our table. I would say that if you are visiting Whitehorse, look elsewhere.