“Still overpriced”

The Claim
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Whitehorse
“Still overpriced”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I go there for convenience as my office is nearby but always feel my wallet shrink as i decide what overpriced gluten free (not my choice) item i need to buy to keep me going through the day. Pretencious and catering to the I must be seen crowd...i guess there has to be a place for them to go...

1 Thank Mark S
GlenysBaltimore, Manager at The Claim, responded to this review, January 25, 2016
Seems we are not what you're looking for. As I've responded before, good food is expensive to make so it is expensive to buy. And I must disagree. Most of our clientele are very "down to earth" residents of our city.

“Overpriced and overrated”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I used to frequent the chocolate claim but have been disappointed the last few times I have gone.
The pricey sandwiches have gone down in terms of quality and even the stale day old sandwiches are 10$.
It's kitty corner to where I work so in a crunch I'll swing by hoping for a decent sandwich and a coffee but I've been let down lately, I'll take the extra few steps around the block and go to the Java Connection from now on.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Yukonnaise
We never sell day old sandwiches for more than 1/2 price. So anything you have paid full price for was made the day you purchased it. Hope you will try us again. We can make a sandwich to order so you are assured it is fresh.
Whitehorse, Canada
“VERY OVERPRICED for what you get”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a decent coffee-shop/bakery. Their chocolate cakes are great, but very pricey. I recently bought 6 hand made chocolates and they were $19. I couldn't believe it, and they didn't have an actual box to put them in. The server put them in a little bag which crushed one of the chocolates. Everything is good here, but too expensive in my opinion. The biggest issue to me is the service. Not friendly, and I feel like they are doing me a favour to take my money and serve me.

• Visited October 2013
I do believe that our prices are in line with our quality. We sell our chocolates in premade packages as a rule. We usually do have boxes on site if you'd like specific pieces. I'm sorry we were out the day you came in.
We generally have positive comments on our service as well. if there is something we can change please contact our manager directly. We like to hear suggestions.
Kelowna, Canada
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Awesome little cafe, off the beaten path even for Whitehorse. Had a great chicken and asiago sammy and an even better raspberry and rhubarb square. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a good, quick lunch.

Visited September 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Gluten free tasty options”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch with a friend on the outside patio. The soups were nicely spiced and the salad was fantastic. We met after lunch hour and were able to enjoy a leisurely lunch with no lines or feeling that our table was needed. Oh, it also helps that it is located next door to my new favorite Whitehorse ladies store Sequels. A little shopping was in order after lunch:)

• Visited August 2013