“Made us fart... ALL night!!!”
Review of Alpine Bakery

Alpine Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Whitehorse
Cuisines: Fusion
Description: Located in a tall log building in downtown Whitehorse on the corner of 5th and Alexander. Come see our traditional wood-fired brick oven, have a refreshing fresh juice or wild yukon cranberry smoothie on our garden patio behind the bakery. Consider renting our upstairs conference room (which also doubles as a yoga studio) for your special events or meetings!
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My friend and I got two end-of-day muffins. They were so tasty we were certain we'd be back in the morning for fresh baked ones. Well, after an uncomfortable night of bloating and farts... we decided not to.

My friend is female and a health nut. I am a dude and not-so-much with the health. We ate nothing else in common and so, we are fairly certain it was the muffins.

Anyways... certainly tasty but prepare to sleep with a window open.

2  Thank AdventureArt
AlpineBakery, Manager at Alpine Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear AdventureArt, I am really sorry to hear your experience. You are the first customer, in fact, to report such a reaction to our muffins. I suspect you tasted one of our gluten-conscious muffins, which are very high in fiber. We use brown rice, yellow pea and flax flours in these muffins, and if a person is not used to that much fiber it might cause gas. They are, indeed, very tasty, and many customers love them, but we are really sorry they did not agree with you.
If you ever pass by again, I hope you will give our little bakery another try, and if you do I recommend trying the less "hearty" options like the "nutty nuggets" or cheese sticks. These contain almost no fiber whatsoever! ;)
Best wishes and thanks very much for the feedback!
~Alpine Bakery Management

There are newer reviews for Alpine Bakery

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a pastry and coffee one brisk morning while picking up the rental car, and we were not disappointed! Great selection and the nutty nugget was a peanut butter & chocolate bun of deliciousness! Coffee was gear too and as we dressed it we noticed a crockpot of oatmeal with a variety or toppings out in front. Loved the natural organic and dietary-friendly options. Just a cool place all around.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Organic, vegetarian and SO tasty!

When you first walk inside, it's fun, relaxed and cozy. The staff is friendly and I love the atmosphere of this place. There's an open-concept kitchen where you can see the cooks prepping food.

The soup here is awesome and they have a different soup special prepared daily. I love the way this good, fresh, lovingly prepared food makes me feel. I eat here a couple times a week and can't get enough of it. Some people may think it's overpriced, but you really get organic, quality ingredients and they aren't cheap.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Beautiful log building, excellent coffee, bottomless bowl of organic vegetable soup and delicious wood-oven baked pizza.

1  Thank travellintrina
Reviewed September 5, 2012

If you want to try healthy and fresh baking, stop by Alpine Bakery. Costs are a bit high but food is good. They put alot of effort to ensure baking is organic