“Real and delicious mexican food”
Review of Sanchez Cantina

Sanchez Cantina
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been going to Sanchez Cantina since 2006, and I will keep going anytime the offer comes up. Relax atmoshere on outdoor deck looking at the Clay Cliffs, in the heart of the city. Expensive for the size of meals, lots of vegeterian option. Don`t miss this jewel when you come to Whitehorse.

1  Thank poirierstephan

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The food we had was good, but the enchiladas (all of 3.5") were the smallest I have ever seen. The salmon entree was quite good, but at $26 pretty spendy for what you got. Want some chips and salsa before dinner? No problem, but they are not free. The restaurant had 5 tables occupied but service was slow ( albeit friendly).

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal at Cantona Sanchez on Friday night. Que rico! So delicious! I had the special - shrimp cooked perfectly (with crusty shells removed) in a complex and perfectly cooked sauce that was exquisite! Mexican Vegetables were excellent as well. Owners and staff seemed really sweet too - awesome - I'd go back again and again if I lived here!!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I moved from Southern California (where there are thousands of Mexican restaurants) to Juneau, Alaska over two years ago. We haven't had luck finding really good Mexican food until we discovered Sanchez Cantina on our first visit to Whitehorse. The tacos were beyond great, as were the rice and beans, as well as the salad. We were so impressed that we came back for dinner and lunch again the following day. Otelina Sanchez is a very good cook--her recipes are excellent and we heartily recommend her restaurant.

1  Thank TLCLSUTTON
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Who knew we could find high-quality Mexican food in Whitehorse?! Our AAA guide suggested it, so that's where we went, even without a reservation. Lucky for us we could get in, and we enjoyed every bite of it! Service was very good, but the cuisine is King here! Don't miss it.