“Great service”

Sam N Andy's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We loved this restaurant. The food and drinks were excellent and plentiful.

Reviewed January 21, 2009

The margarita was very watered-down tasting...didn't have much flavour (and for $11 [that's $8 plus I "Sam-sized it for $3 more) I want FLAVOUR!). Menu is un-inspired, but the place is friendly enough. I'm a huge fan of Mexican food, and didn't see anything on the menu that tickled me. Generally, I want to see some sort of mole dish--that's when I know the kitchen at least is really trying.

I had a dish that was basically a chicken fajita smothered in a jalapeno cheese sauce. It sounded good on the menu, but the sauce was more like bland cheese soup with some peppers thrown in. Not impressed. But it was filling.

This place calls itself "Tex Mex North of 60" referring to the 60th parallel.

A local friend learned I tried it (I'm a traveller here), and advised I try Sanchez's next time for better overall Mexican food.

Reviewed August 6, 2008

The food and the service is pretty good here. They now serve Halibut and Chips (haven't tried it yet). Sanchez Cantina is better though.

1  Thank slightlywoman