“Beez Kneez Indeed”

Beez Kneez Bakpakers
Toronto, Canada
“Beez Kneez Indeed”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was here for 3 nights in February 2013. I have stayed in a lot of hostels around the world and this is one of the best. It's not the biggest or the brightest, or the newest place around, and it doesn't have massive TV's or a pool table like some newer establishments, but that is part of the charm. It is literally just like your family home - cosy, very well priced, plenty of board games, well stocked kitchen, just a short walk to the main street in town, and most importantly, it is run by a group of fantastic people! The host Nancy is a champion and will go out of her way to help you out, truly making this a home away from home. One example of this hospitality - some of the boys staying at the hostel asked about buying Moose meat to try, we had no idea at the time but it turns out you can't just buy it from the shops. Nancy made a few phone calls to her friends and not only did she get us moose, she cooked a delicious Moose Chilli for everyone staying at the hostel that night. If you are staying in Whitehorse, make sure you give the Beez Kneez a call!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Beez Kneez is quite simply the best backpackers/hostel we have been to. Nancy, the Queen of the Hive, was amazingly helpful and we stayed for three nights in each of theshacks in the garden. Shack is a mean name for these cute, cosy hideaways - try to book one if you can. The little shack is meant to be for one but a friendly couple can easily share the spacious single bed, especially if you are tired enough!. We hiked the Chilkoot Trail and the Beez Kneez made the perfect start and finish, holding extra gear and allowing us to wash and dry our disgusting kit. We were also honoured to be allowed to take the wonderful Angus, the friendliest dog in The Yukon to the fish pass - what a dog, a wonder in his own right. Nancy also gave me some Buckley's cough medicine, the most hideous thing I have ever tasted, but it chased away my illness. Thanks Nancy you are a total star - tell your mates!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for the shacks in the garden - they are wonderful
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
The world
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just finished a 4 month tour of Canada and all I can say is this place was number one!

Enjoy it folks. We sure did.

Room Tip: Try and get a cabin out back.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul T
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2012

As today is my last night at the beez kneez I just wanted to send a GIANT shout out to NANCY and the rest of the super awesome staff at the beez kneez. I have been backpacking for almost 5 months now making my way around central america , the us and finally up to the great white north ( whitehorse ). The beez kneez with its awesome kitchen , super friendly chatty guests , and cozy living rooms is the first place I've stayed at in a long time where every night I feel like Im actually coming home, and every morning I feel like I'm waking up at my own place. As a traveller there is no greater comfort than the security of your stuff, and the love of a truly dedicated family ( The Beez Staff ) . So sad to be moving on, but the road calls and I will follow it. There is no doubt in my mind that when, not if, I'm back in Super Beautiful Whitehorse, that this will be my home base again.

Much love Nancy for the hospitality and the cold Ice Fog Pale Ales.

Room Tip: If your travelling solo or as a couple ask Nancy about the super cool VW Van in the backyard, kind o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Zell am See, Austria
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I liked the Beez Kneez Hostel the moment I walked in. Nancy and her staff really know how to make you feel welcome. I stayed in the hostel for 5 nights and made a lot of new friends there. As there is no such thing as a tv people start talking to each other and that really helps to find new people, especially if you are on your own as I was.

The kitchen is quit big and has everything you need. Even when there is more than two people cooking at the same time you still got some space for yourself left.

There were two living rooms, one is right beside the kitchen and the other one is on the lower floor where most of the rooms are located. The couches and chairs are really comfortable and there is also a huge collection of books if you haven`t brought anything along.

The rooms are not too big, but definitely sufficient.

If you have any questions about Whitehorse and what can be done there, Nancy is really really helpful. She is always in the mood for a quick chat and really cares about her guests.

If you seek a cheap and nice hostel in Whitehorse, I definitely would suggest this one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Auckland
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is a brilliant little hostel. I only stayed one night, but the manager Nancy was especially helpful in assisting to organise my onward travel and then drove me out of town to where I needed to go. The hostel itself is also very nice with all the usual amenities.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Tofino
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Nancy really knows how to look after her guests, and has a wealth of information to help you plan your trip. Lovely little hostel, great communal area with a homely feel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends