“Lifetime Adventure”

and up
3 Days Tour Fall Color in Yukon from Whitehorse
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Muktuk specializes in customized small group adventures for both novice and experienced mushers . Walking tours are offered in the summer. Nestled into an ox-bow on the Takhini River, the 100-acre ranch is bordered on three sides by the River, ideal for mushing in the winter, and for beautiful scenery in the summer.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Full day 7 hours Dog Sledding experience with Muktuk which is a company with huge respects of their dogs. Dogs are all well taken care of and they are very eager to run! A fun and enjoyable experience especially our guide David made camp fire at the trail up in the mountain and cooked lunch for us! Although it's simple, we never thought of having burger and hotdog in this way! This is really a lifetime adventure for us that we will never forget!

1  Thank Lydia P
"hot chocolate"
"arctic char"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2014

All seven of us had a wonderful time when we went for an afternoon Takhini Express Dog-Sledding Tour. We ranged in age from seven years to 65 years. The location and scenery were outstanding. The terrific staff were very careful to be sure that we were dressed warmly enough and that we remained comfortable throughout. We felt well cared for and we all enjoyed the experience. I am planning to bring some visiting guests to Muktuk this summer.

This business is a credit to the Yukon.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our stay and dog sledding at Muktuk was awesome, truly an adventure of a lifetime. We did the full day tour and loved every minute! The staff are all very friendly and helpful and the dogs are the best. Helpful tip ... keep your camera warm. The day we went out it was -27C, not knowing any better I put my camera in my jacket pocket not realizing that it would freeze, very disappointed when it would not work!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our dog sledding day with Muktuk was brilliant, firstly you can see they they take great care of their dog who clearly love pulling the sleds and are very friendly. We enjoyed a full day out with a simple lunch of burgers cooked over a fire, it's hard to do much more in such cold temperatures and when everything keeps freezing. Take advantage of the free warm clothing, as you will get cold when it's your turn to ride in the sled.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 5, 2014

From the time we were picked up from the hotel to the time we arrived at Muktuk Adventures, it felt very relaxed and social and almost like family.

Once we were done taking our pictures of the dogs outside, we went into a house/cabin like thing. We took our shoes off, walked around, went down into the basement where of course you gotta sign your life away, get your gear on and get ready to do.

You're given the perfect amount of instruction, the dogs get hooked up to the sleigh and off you go!

Dog-sledding with Muktuk has been one of the greatest experiences of my life and I travel quite a bit and do quite a few things. The adrenalin you get when the dogs first pull is just incredible.

The day I went out, my mother and I did the 3-4 trip and it wasn't nearly enough. We wanted to keep going. It was snowing on our day, but even with the snow into your freeze (my eyelashes froze a bit together at one point) you hardly notice.

Just an incredible experience. You can tell the people who work and volunteer there really love those dogs and take good care of them. Not to mention the puppies!

Keep it up Muktuk. I will definitely be back as soon humanly possible.