“Wow!”

$485.26*
Fall Color Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Muktuk specializes in customized small group adventures for both novice and experienced mushers . Walking tours are offered in the summer. Nestled into an ox-bow on the Takhini River, the 100-acre ranch is bordered on three sides by the River, ideal for mushing in the winter, and for beautiful scenery in the summer.
Costa Rica
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My bucket list was to see the Northern Lights (amply fulfilled!). This full-day sledding trip was arranged through Northern Tales: http://northerntales.ca/ and it was a total highlight. Happy dogs, dedicated staff and wonderful volunteers. I loved the kinda minimal instruction (don't try to go too fast ... here's the brake ... ) and we were off ... ! You learn to lean into the track; you quickly love the whole experience; the BBQ lunch was a treat (veggies catered for!); I fell off - ha ha! No big deal. Our guide on his snow mobile kept in touch up front, but also gave us the distance to feel we were 'out there - by ourselves'. Novices getting the real deal.
These huskies are happy, doted on and given loving retirement. I aim to return to try the multi-day sledding experience.
In all my back-country travel experiences, this comes close to 'top of the list'.

3 Thank TicaTraveller

Melbourne
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fabulous adventure!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We did a one day dog sledding package while in Whitehorse to see the Northern Lights. What a great decision! This was not cheap, but it was great value for money. We look back on it as one of the best day trips we have ever done. The guides (Alan and Lars) were terrific and extremely helpful and knowledgeable, the terrain was spectacular, the dogs were wonderful and the whole experience was unforgettable. All professionally delivered.
We highly recommend it.

1 Thank OzWandererMelbourne
Saskatoon, Canada
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 304 helpful votes
“What a day!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our day at Muktuk Adventures was probably the best tourism day I have ever spent. We had a life-changing experience -- a gorgeous day, great staff support, wonderful dog teams, and a wilderness adventure beyond compare. This was a superb experience and well-worth what will otherwise seem like a very high cost.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ken C
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Dogsledding kings!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Best experience ever! Did a dogsledding while waiting for the aurora to come. Totally recommended. Location is awsome, kind of wild. You will ride through ridges, river banks! Don't miss!

1 Thank sefarebsb
Ottawa, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience, Friendly Staff and Guides.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just returned back home from my 7 day rookie camp trip to Muktuk Adventures. What an awesome experience this was. This is the real deal. I was educated in caring for and controlling my own dog sled team. Did some winter camping as well which was very fun! Great Guides, Friendly staff, great food. I would highly recommend this trip. I only had to bring a small carrying on bag on the plane as they provide everything you need for the trip. A must-add to your bucket list!!!!!

1 Thank JMTKelly