“A little gem”
Review of Inn On The Lake

Inn On The Lake
Reviewed October 6, 2009

One of the best places I have stayed in. Very friendly hosts and excellent cottage. Our trip was crowned by a spectacular Northern lights display

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Inn On The Lake

Reviewed August 28, 2009

We booked the "fall package" and stayed 3 very long nights at this over-priced and over-rated inn. We were looking forward to the "gourmet" offerings this inn was supposedly famous for, and were really dissapointed. Aside from the manager, Johnny, this place has much to improve on to meet it's 4and 1/2 star rating.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank screennameha
Reviewed October 9, 2008

There was a Canadian Fire Chiefs convention in Whitehorse and every room in town was booked. One hotel employee suggested the Inn on the Lake, about a half hour away. I arrived after dark, and had no idea the lodge was so large and beautiful until the next morning. I want to thank the satff for acomodating my last-minute booking and late arrival.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Have stayed at the Inn on beautiful Marsh Lk, 3x in the past 2 yrs. Enjoyed the staff especially the Chefs. The Yukon and the Southern Lks are a prisitne haven. Stayed in the "Martha Stewart room in the Main Lodge, which is a elegant log structure overlooking the Lake.
(the last visit we chose one of the Cottages, which offer more privacy and certainly far from rustic, but would recommend at least one stay ont he Main Lodge).
Look forward to our next stay, bringing my golf buddies from Alberta & BC up next summer!
Great Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) viewing!
Travelled many places on the globe, and the Inn made it an experience to remember - understated ambiance!
Cheers!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I have had such a wonderful life changing experience at the Inn on the Lake, Whitehorse, YT.

The first night I arrive, I was so tired as I travelled half the day and worked the other half. I was hungry and missed the 7:00 PM dinner. So, I proceed to go to town to eat, and Johnny, said, "Don't be silly, sit down and I'll get you something!"

He brought me beautiful salmon, wild rice, cole slaw with little peices of mandarin orange. Once I was done, he took my plate away, and brought a dessert that was made by Carson's Mom. I was also served a cup of coffee with the cream, sugar and a teaspoon. All brought to me.

I felt like such a princess. Now, I'm a single parent, so to have this type of service made me feel so royal.

And, I was on a "work" trip. I didn't really feel like I was working because I was having way too much fun.

I was on time for dinner the next night. I love this feature about the Inn on the Lake. There are worldly conversations that take place there. I'm a First Nations person, so I brought my culture and my values to that conversation. It was so amazing to share. My table consisted of a First Nations couple from Alaska, a couple from Germany, and two women from U.S.A.

It is so amazing to hear people share with no barriers. It was such a beautiful thing. Where else does this happen in the world? Nowhere other than the "Inn on the Lake!"

My room was fabulous. It was spectacularly clean. My sheets were ironed, I could tell. Again, I'm feeling like a princess. The towels were clean and plentiful.

I truthfully want to live there!

The food is amazing. A four course meal with beverage.
The company is to die for. People who are so open and willing to get to know one another.
The staff are so accomodating. In fact, they go above and beyond what their call of duty is.
The location is so wonderful. The scene of the lake and the midnight sun is so breath taking.

I went for a canoe ride from 9pm to 11pm. I was unsure about being out on the canoe on Marsh Lake, so I asked Johnny to help out. And, he did. We went on a very awesome scenic route. The staff are so kind and go way out of their way for guests.

A couple of my friends joined me one night, and we had such a great time.

When I returned home, I kept talking about Carson, Tony, Johnny, Chris, and Abigail. The funny thing, is two of my friends knew who, where, and what I was talking about.

So, a few girlfriends and I are going to be planning a trip there soon. We are going to hang with the Inn on the Lake staff and have a blast!

If anyone wants to be treated like royalty, go the the Inn on the Lake.
If anyone wants to eat great five star food, go to the Inn on the Lake.
If anyone wants to truly enjoy another world, aside from what they know, go to the Inn on the Lake.

It is a world that you won't want to leave. And, it may take a while for your spirit to return once you arrive home.

My spirit wants to go back there so much. I left the Yukon a stronger, more open, and more beautiful person.

Can any other hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, inn, or chalet do that? I don't think so!

Go and see what Carson has created. He is brilliant. His staff are so amazing. Tony, who coooks the fabulous food, has such a great heart. I could taste the love that he puts into his meal. The presentation is like none other. I left the Inn for six nights, and returned there at the end of my work trip. Upon walking into my room, I saw a fresh vase of gorgeous wild flowers. It had a note on it, so I read it. It was from Abigail. She said, "Welcome back. Hope you are well. I will see you in the morning!"

You will love it so much at the Inn on the Lake, you may start making plans to live there like I am!

Lovin my life changing experience so much I continue to re-live the beauty over and over again!

Lillian Jones

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We recently returned from a wonderful trip through Alaska and the Yukon following the gold rush trail. While planning our vacation we discovered the Inn on the Lake near Whitehorse. The discription was of a 5 star bed and breakfast lodge with optional cottage or chalet. We decided to book a 3 night stay in the chalet due to the fact that we were looking for a place with cooking facilities. When we arrived much to our disappointment the chalet we thought we had reserved was actually a house designed to accomadate 3 couples or families sleeping about 10 people all sharing one kitchen. The chalet was equiped with a mini fridge and we had a carload of groceries. Fortunatly we were the only occupants the first night and our host told us to go ahead and make use of the very small fridge which we were easily able to fill ourselves.
Our room was located on the first floor adjacent to the front door with the kitchen and sitting area on the other side leaving us very little privacy from anyone entering the house to use the upstairs rooms which happened a few times during our stay as the rooms were shown to other guests. The curtains on the windows were unable to be closed completely, again compromising privacy not to mention we were in the land of the midnight sun making sleeping a little difficult.
Our second disappointment was the fact that during our 3 day stay not once did anyone come in to make our bed, bring fresh towels or even empty the trash. The final straw was as we were checking out we were charged and additonal $10.50 per person for every continental breakfast we had partaken of. Since this property was listed as a bed and breakfast and no mention was ever made of the cost of a charge for the breakfast we were under the impression that it was included the $179.00 per night price we were being charged.
The location was beautiful and the staff friendly, but the accomodations were far less than we expected for the price and the service was non existent. I would return to the area but not to the Inn on the Lake.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mbhSeattle
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We had high hopes for this property but were very disappointed in the separate cottage that we stayed in for 2 nights. We were informed up front the toilet did not flush well - this turned out to be quite an irritation. We thought it was quite a private property but the neighbour who is close by lives in a bus while constructing a buiding on his lot. The property was not very clean and we even found a previous guest's garbage in the form of a banana skin in the bedroom wastebin. All in all not an exceptional place and seems to be living on its past glories.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple