Just after Labor Day, we stayed at the Inn on the Lake at Marsh Lake, near Whitehorse, Yukon. This was about our 6th stay and regardless of the season, it's always a real pleasure. The Inn is a wood-paneled comfy lodge in a low-density residential area, right on the lake, about 30 minutes from downtown. Owner Carson is wonderful, and rooms are all different with interesting furnishings; they also have a 2 BR suite with living room,kitchenette and separate entrance. If you elect to purchase dinner, their chef prepares a great prix fixe meal and you eat with other guests; always a friendly, international group. The Inn offers a number of amenities, including outdoor hot tub, kayaks, for multi-night stays, greens fees at a local golf course, etc.
Whitehorse, too is fun. This trip we brought friends visiting from Seattle and drove the loop: Juneau to Haines by ferry, then to Haines Junction along the Kluane provincial park, then east to Whitehorse, finall returning to Skagway and home via ferry to Juneau. The three hour drives between Haines and Haines Junction and Whitehorse to Skagway aren't like anything you'll see elsewhere, and fall colors made it spectacular. Clear skies at the Inn brought all guests outside one night for aurora viewing. The Inn features something special for each season, and each time we visit, it's like coming home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As featured on Martha Stewart Living and recently listed by National Geographic Traveller as Top 150 places to stay for 2009, this lodge located 35 minutes by car from Whitehorse, Yukon, is the top rated accommodation and conference centre in the Yukon. The location is ideal for daily excursions and attractions in Whitehorse, Atlin, British Columbia and Skagway, Alaska. The resort has a number of room categories and cottage options. Your stay includes in the summer, mountain bikes, canoes, kayaks, fitness centre, hot tub and sauna. Complimentary Golf Passes at Meadow Lakes Golf Resort. In the winter snowshoes are included and this area is well known for Aurora Borealis watching. This is one of North America's few places where you can stay and see the aurora right from your suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Inn On The Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Whitehorse
- Inn On The Lake Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada