“Spectacular Snowmobiling”

Up North Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Up North Adventures is an award winning adventure travel outfitter based in downtown Whitehorse, Yukon. We have been helping people from all over the world experience one of the most unique places on Earth since 1991! Our complete selection of trips and tours are designed to help you experience and enjoy the Yukon year round.
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Spectacular Snowmobiling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had a fantastic day our snowmobiling with Up North Adventures. The cold-weather gear provided kept us warm as temperatures plumetted to -40 degrees C out on the mountain. Our guide Andre stopped often to check we weren't too cold and to point out animal tracks in the snow. We also stopped at some great viewing points to take photos.
A really fun day out - highly recommended!

Visited December 2012

Whitehorse, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Kayaking on Chadburn Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I live in Whitehorse so I forget there are lakes within the city limits. Being over 60 and retired I decided to learn to Kayak. This is very easy to do since we have at least two very good outfitters in town and the cost is modest. If you get to the Yukon in June there are lots of freebies, including try out days for Canoes and Kayaks. Then there are also guided tours, self guided tours and rentals. You don't need to know much about these water sports since the guides are very helpful and friendly. I decided to take lessons which was a four hour evening joint to Chadburn lake, only ten minutes away from down town. It was challenging for me, since I am older and stout, but I was proud to find I was not the last back to the dock at the end of the evening, I was third last. But I was the only person to fall in - twice. Next weekend I go on a family fun day guided river tour from down town Whitehorse to the Takhini River bridge with the other outfitters - the Kanoe People - another excellent company.

Visited June 2012