“Disappointing service, good gluten free options”
Review of Cork & Bull - CLOSED

Cork & Bull
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Whitehorse, Canada
“Disappointing service, good gluten free options”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This week, my husband and I sat for half an hour without any service - no water, no drinks, no "I'll be right with you". We were the invisible people. We finally decided to leave. When we explained why, we got an "oh" from the staff. Previous visits, the food was great, and they had been helpful with accommodating a wheat allergy. Sadly we won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank CFP_930

Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our new favorite place to eat”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have had a couple of meals at the Cork & Bull. Like the decor and the fact that it is on main street. The service was very good but so far have managed to arrive when it is not to busy. The last time the waiter checked with us to see if the food was warm. Yes it is expensive but the improvements must have cost a lot as it is in an older building. I like the removations to the old capital bar and that it is such a nice place to go. A real treat.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jo-Anne J
Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very disappointed by this experience. This restaurant was recommended to us but my meal was lukewarm when delivered to our table. I noticed that my salmon dish and my husband ceasar salad, sat on the servery for about 7-8 minutes before being delivered to our table. When I questioned our waitress as to why, she apologized and said that she had been busy and had to attend to another task that took her away from delivering our meals promptly. She did offer to return it to the kitchen for reheating (something I never do). She also offered a complimentary wine, however, the evening was declining fast and I refused. The actual meals were only average.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank AustraliaBoo
“Yukon Eats”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Good food, friendly service - a lttle bit slow, a little pricy for the portions. First wanted to dine in the pub, but the menu in there was far too limited, even for "pub food", so moved into the restaurant. Very friendly and professional service, great atmosphere, but it did take some time for the meal to arrive and I found the portions somewhat small for the price.
Overall an average to good experience.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank YukonEats
Whitehorse, Canada
“A touch pricy but not more than other Whitehorse restaurants.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

For our wedding anniversary, my husband took me to the Cork and Bull after hearing so many food things about it. We were surprised to find it even better than we expected!
The food was delicious - loved the Devils on Horseback, steak and salmon we had.
The service was friendly and professional.
The atmosphere was really nice and we were seated away from others so our meal felt quite intimate until the lace hit really busy around 7.
Thanks so the owners and staff for such a special evening!